xviii. pulling the trigger

     CLICK.

THAT'S WHAT Rinn heard, which made her breathe out a sigh of relief. Right as she did so, she slammed her head into Ethan's arm and he threw her gun to the ground. Jumping up on the balls of her feet, she crushed the chair and her body into the ground, successfully breaking until her light weight.

When she crushed the chair, Jackson grabbed the man's arm that was holding a gun to his head. He twisted it behind the man's back and threw his fist into his elbow. The man's arm broken with an audible splitting sound, sending a chill down Rinn's spine.

David kicked out the man's ankle that was standing behind him and threw his body into the floor. When the man hit the ground, David jumped on him and grabbed his head in his hands. He quickly snapped his neck to both sides and killed him by shattering the axis bone in his spine.

Before anyone had the chance to do anything else, Rinn pounced on her gun and pointed it directly at Ethan's head. He held his hands up quickly, speaking through a panicking, yet somehow calm tone.

"You don't want to do that," Ethan slowly spoke, his voice cracking slightly.

"Believe me," she said, pulling back the hammer to chamber the round. While she racked the slide back, the spring in the mag pushed the round up, and the slide chambered it in as she spoke, "I want to."

"Why don't you give her a reason not to?" Jackson asked, standing from the man laying on the floor with a broken arm. Ethan smirked slightly, shaking his head and shrugging a little.

"I don't know what you want," he stated, lying through his teeth. Jackson smirked, walking past Rinn and to the right side of Ethan. David watched as Rinn laid on the ground with her gun aimed at Ethan's head, ready to pull the trigger when she was given the signal.

"Where is your supplier located?" Jackson asked, walking around Ethan and watching as he chuckled. However, no matter how funny it seemed to him, Jackson wasn't finding anything in this situation entertaining . . . except maybe Ethan's fear of being shot.

"Why do you want my supplier?" Ethan asked, looking Jackson straight in the eyes.

"He had one of my men killed last time we were inside. You and I both know that. Why the fuck else would I want your supplier?" Jackson asked, practically growling out his words the way a rabid animal would growl to protect it's meal.

"It's not my fault Ivan got himself into trouble with my supplier," Ethan said, causing Jackson to look over at Rinn. She clenched her jaw together and pulled the trigger, missing on purpose and blowing a bullet into the wall behind Ethan's head.

"Okay, okay!" He yelled, ducking his head lower than it already was, "Jesus Christ, you're going to get me killed, Jackson!"

"That's exactly what I'm trying to do," he smirked, walking to the other side of Ethan. Rinn chambered another round in the gun, again, while Ethan smirked down at her through a sick desire she recognized.

"You know . . . I could put your new vice president to work," he stated, causing Rinn's nostrils to flare.

Before she had the chance to even think about pulling the trigger, Jackson slammed his fist into Ethan's stomach. He doubled over and threw up almost immediately from the force. While he was doubled over, he coughed out and finally gave Jackson what he wanted to hear.

"Alright, alright already!" He yelled out, barely lifting his head enough to look Rinn directly in the eyes, "He's hiding out in a warehouse in Newfoundland, Province. He's with his cousin and the Mexicans are protecting him. It was a trade off; they wanted a warehouse to use as long as I could use some of their men to lure you here."