Gowan Larry, announce it to the entire school.

"Shh mate." Van chucked. "You're the first to know anyway."

Larry's annoyed expression softened as he realised that even though he wasn't told immediately, he was still the first person the know.

"Guess you two are right." He nodded, "how was it 'en? All romantic and cheesy."

"Yeah, Van's a complete cheeseball." I giggled.

"Oi, I'm not!" Van groaned as we entered the school doors and walked into the form room.

The lads were already in there and Ade was passed out on Bondy's shoulder. Smiling to myself, I took my seat and the obnoxious school bell went off.

••••

"Come on El, I want the details!" Harper squealed as she bounded into the school changing rooms.

"What details?" I chuckled, tying the laces on my converse.

She rolled her eyes playfully, "come on, got it out of Larry! All he tol' me was you's went on a date to an Italian place."

At that point Ade emerged from around the corner, fully dressed in her self-altered p.e kit.

"What the hell El? You's went on a date!" Ade gasped.

I could see the other girls in the changing room tuning into the loud conversation, these people were like magpies and my date with Van was their silver.

"I'll tell ya after this, don't want the whole school listening." I sighed in a much calmer and quieter tone.

The pair nodded and I returned to getting ready for Physical Ed. In my old school you were meant to stop doing PE when you got into sixth form, apparently in Llandudno it was still compulsory.

"Alright ladies!" Miss Burns yelled as she came into the changing room, armed with her clipboard and pen. "You's are going outside."

Irritated groans echoed around the room, "Miss it's cold!"

"So is my soul, now hurry up and get out. Air might do something good for ya."

I wasn't too pleased about having to go outside either but I sucked it up and grabbed my hoodie.

"I hate doing p.e outside, it's more violent or summat." Harper frowned.

"I know, it's even worse if theres lads outside because instead of standing looking pretty, these girls go ape and get competitive." Ade sighed, "one time Harper got a black eye from being hit up the face with a tennis ball. Busty Barbra over there was trying to impress the socks off Larry."

I followed Ade's gaze to Busty Barbra who lived up to her nickname.

Admittedly, I was absolutely terrified of the possible outcomes of physical education.

As we made our way out onto the field, Harper clocked eyes with someone and sighed loudly, "the lads are playing football for p.e, this is gonna get messy."

I looked in the same direction and met eyes with Van. Smiling, he waved over, not concentrating on the football and letting it roll right between his legs. "Fucks sake Van." Somebody remarked only to be flipped off by him.