Try Hard

A/N I wrote this for a songfic contest...the song is Try Hard by 5SOS and the characters feature One Direction. Enjoy :) Xx

“Niall!”

I started to freak out and dropped the scissors I was holding, quickly shoving it under my bed so whoever was calling me couldn’t see them. Just as I was about to do the same with the rest of the stuff on the floor in front of me, my bedroom door swung open and Louis sauntered into the room.

“Niall! I’ve been calling you for the past ten minutes!” he hollered, an evident frown on his face.

“Sorry,” I muttered in reply, still trying to sneakily hide everything by placing it behind my back.

“What are you -” Louis began, stopping when he noticed what I was doing.

“Were you cutting your jeans again, Niall?” Louis nagged, walking over and picking up the pair I was working on.

“Yes,” I sighed, grabbing them back from him. “And I was almost done. Couldn’t dinner have waited?”

“No,” Louis stated. He sat down on the rug beside me and crossed his legs. “You know,” he said, “If you want ripped jeans you could always, you know, buy them.”

“Well, it’s cooler this way,” I huffed, digging out my scissors from all the clutter under my bed and making another rip.

Louis stayed quiet and watched as I continued, making several more rips before putting down my scissors and nodding my approval. “There.” I said. “Much better.”

He stayed quiet as I cut some of my t-shirts into tank tops, he stayed quiet as I scheduled an appointment with Lou to get a touch up on my hair, and he stayed quiet as I shopped on Amazon for a new tube of guyliner.

But as soon as I started looking up a shop nearby to get my lip pierced, Louis shot up from his seat, shaking his head fiercely.

“No, Niall. No. You are not getting a lip piercing.”

I frowned and crossed my arms over my chest, even though I knew that it must’ve made me look childish.

“Why not, mummy?” I retorted, obviously angered.

Louis chuckled, shaking his head again. “Seriously, Niall? You’re going to regret it if you do.”

“But what if I won’t regret it?” I replied.

He sat down on the bed next to me, resting his head on his hand with his elbow on his leg. “Who is she?” he asked.

My eyes widened in fear. How had he known? I hadn’t told anyone…anyone.

“What…w-what do you mean?” I stammered. I scoffed, trying to brush it off. “Psh! There’s no girl-”

“It’s either a girl or a guy, and knowing you, it’s a girl. Now who is this chick that’s making you do these things?”

I sighed before turning away, not wanting to look at Louis, because my face was obviously red. I shifted on the bed, my discomfort fairly obvious. Damn.

Louis gasped in realization and jumped up from the bed, pointing an accusing finger at me. “It’s that girl you’ve been stalking!”

My mouth fell open. “I don’t stalk her!”

He placed his hands on his hips. “Oh really? Then I guess there’s a new term for following people around and looking them up on every social network imaginable?”