one

chapter one: when it rains 🚿
faith ma'ree lovens 💙
3:55 a.m.

I couldn't sleep, I've been up since 11 pm and not once have I shut my eyes, only to blink. I was watching my favorite movie, Get Rich Or Die Tryin' starring 50 cents. Singing along to the lyrics as they played I bobbed my head slightly, "If I was ya best friend.. I'd want you 'round me all the time. If I-"

"faith ma'ree?"

The scene of 50 and Charlene was coming upon the screen, with me having the respect I do for my mother. I picked up my remote, turning the television off.

"Yes Ma-Ma?" I asked, turning my head towards my room entrance, sitting up straight.

"It's your father.." , "W-what about my papa mami?"

"H-he's, he's in a coma. Some goon he owed money to robbed and beat him with a metal pipe. He may not make it, mi amor."  Her spanish accent was like music to my ears and always seemed to cheer me up, but in this situation..it couldn't. My father was like, my hero. I looked up to him and the things he did for my ma-ma and I. He always made sure we had food on the table, and he never once disrespected us, he always treated us like the women we deserved to me treated like.

"So what does this mean mom?" On the verge of tears, I managed to slip out.

"We have to leave Barbados and retreat to America, where the good things are."

"But Ma-Ma, we can't leave papi in Jamaica all by hiself!"

"Amor, amor, amor. Calm my girl, papa comes with but he remains in hospital for well-being."

a/n: Faith's mom is spanish and caribbean her father is jamaican , Trinidadian and caribbean she's foreign. 😁

let me fill you in, i come from an very mixed breed background, my mother is from Puerto Rico born and raised in Barbados , my father is from Kingston Southside Jamaica. I take my moms accent although Jamaican was my first language. I speak fluent spanish being that English was my third language.

a/n: oh and since Faith's mom is like reaaaaaally Spanish, some words will be pronounced wrong or some words will be- uh i can explain so

example: calm down my girl, papa will come with us but he has to stay in the hospital for his well-being.

her: calm my girl, papa comes with but remains in hospital for well-being.

like that i guess, i don't know i'm only indian, partly black. 💀

"But mom..we can't leave Barbados all of my friends are here!"

"Would you rather stay in Barbados with your friends are watch your father die?"

"...When do we leave?"

"3 days from now."

I nodded, "Okay. Goodnight Ma-Ma."

"Goodnight Faith Ma'ree."

But, I wasn't going to sleep just yet. I needed to think, to take a walk. It was raining outside, thundering actually but I couldn't stay in this house. Not now. I didn't really have friends. Just one, but we barely talked only on certain occasions. I just had to think of an excuse to stay in Barbados. After pulling on some gray sweatpants and a wind breaker black jacket, I slide on my black timberlands and pull on my hoodie.

"Ma-Ma?" No response, she's sleep good I don't need her questioning me with her over protective questions.

After sneaking out the house quietly as possible I look up at the gray skies, I always wondered why it rained.

"♫ If all the rain drops were
lemon pops and gum drops
oh what a rain that'll be..
standing outside with my
mouth open wide going
" ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah
ah aah." if all the sun beams
were jelly beans and ice
cream, oh what'll sun
that'll be. standing outside
with my mouth open wide
going. "

I was interrupting by a yawn, I loved that song my mother used to sing it to me for as long as I could remember.

a/n: my mom used to sing that to me, excuse me if i messed up the lyrics I haven't heard it in forever.

"Why do I have to leave Barbados?" I spoke to no one in particular, just thinking out loud. I sighed, I really didn't want to leave Barbados.

"Why me?" Thunder cracked, and the rain started to pour down heavier. 4:49am my wrist watch read, I would have to get ready for school in a few. I started to head back home. Hopefully this will be a memorable experience. Good or bad.

to be continued...