F*ckin' with the Wrong One - Chapter 10

Start from the beginning

When I got to the trap house and walked into the dungeon, I saw they had Cortez tied up in a chair with duck tape over his mouth. I could tell they did they one-two's on him cause the nigga was already leaking from his nose with two black eyes. His clothes were ripped up and covered in blood splatters and his head was swaying back and forth like he was going in and out of consciousness. I closed the dungeon door and walked over to where he was, picking up a .357 millimeter Glock off a metal table that was next to some other weapons. I pressed the barrel on his temple and spoke to him.

"You really thought you was safe, huh?" I asked him while he was looking at the floor, shaking in fear. Cortez started moving in his chair to scoot away from the gun but I hit him in the back of the head with it. He stopped abruptly and the back of his head started bleeding even more than it already was.

"Don't run now nigga. I thought 'chu was 'gangsta'?" I asked him with air quotes. "You just a pussy ass nigga." I said spitting in his face. I had enough of this maggot ass, annoying ass, wanna be ass nigga. The nigga been trying to torment me since I was twenty years old- getting me jumped and robbing my South side house was petty shit. But shooting my brother was his last straw with me. 

" I'm done talkin'," I said realizing I was wasting time talking to this nigga. I cocked the gun and put it back on his temple.

"Have fun in hell, nigga." I said pulling the trigger, blowing his brains out literally. I shot him a couple more times in his chest and I put the gun back on the metal table.

''Clean this shit up." I commanded before walking out of the dungeon and closing the door. I walked out the trap house and to my car,  getting ready to go home and wash this blood off of me. 

Lanay

"Don't think they know the truth, say they saw. Don't think they kno-o-ow, how could they kno-o-ow?" I sung in my car blasting some Chris Brown and Aaliyah. I rocked my head to the beat and then 'Love More' by Chris Brown and Nicki Minaj came on, making me turn my radio up to the max. I started singing all the words, vocals, and hummed some parts until it was done and I was out of breath. I turned the radio down when I felt my phone vibrate in my lap. I looked at the caller ID and it was my mom calling me, probably about tonight's dinner or Lamar.

"Whey yuh want mommy?" I asked in Patois. She sucked her teeth long and hard.

"Nuh facey wit me." She responded, making me laugh. "Whey mi pickney dey?" She asked referring to me.

"I'm on my way."

"Lawd ave mercy. She not coming," She told my father. I was always the late one. I just knew my family was tired of me, but you couldn't rush perfection. I learned from my mom after all. 

"Mi come soon, mommy. Geez," I said laughing before she hung up on me.

After taking my 30 minute shower, I was sitting at my vanity doing my hair and makeup before putting my jewelry on. I stood up grabbing my beige cross over bag and spraying my favorite perfume on my neck and wrist. I over applied some nude lip gloss before checking myself in the mirror one last time. I wore a coral maxi dress with back frill detail, coral and tan platforms, and my long thick hair was curled down my back. I smiled at myself, putting everything I needed for tonight in my purse and grabbing my keys off of the dresser.

I walked into the living room to see Jazmine, Jamie, and Renee all dressed and ready to go to the dinner with me. "Yas Nay Nay!" Jazmine said looking at me. We all complimented each other's outfit before walking out of the door and hopping in our cars.

When we entered my parents' house, the smell of curry chicken, peas and rice, salt beef, and plantains filled our noses. The girls walked into the living room and I walked into the kitchen, being nosy.

"Oh mommy," I sung. "It smells good in here." I told her as I was sniffing the air. "Yuh look good 'eeh." She said to me. "That's you, mommy. Beautiful," I fluffed up her medium length gray hair that she allowed to be natural curly and hugged her. She wore an all white dress that reached her ankles and accentuated her curvy body, along with some ballerina house slippers and dainty silver jewelry. 

"Help me set di table, dear." She told me, and I happily obliged. As I grabbed the plates and silverware off of the counter. I loved having dinner with my family even though this would've been the second time Lamar wasn't here with us. He was having more complications that kept him in the hospital, and my parents needed family around to keep their spirits lifted. I was happy to be here with them because I needed them to. 

"Who else is coming?" I asked her as I was getting ready to walk into the dining room.

"Jamia." My mom responded, making me roll my eyes. "Ugly ass hoe" I mumbled.

"Eh pickney," She began in a warning tone.

"I'm sorry mommy, I just don't like her." I said shrugging before setting the table.

"Just because her sister-" She started but, I put my hand up to stop her. "Please, don't go there." She nodded and told me to be nice.

"Okay, I'll try." I said. The girls came up and hugged my mom one by one as they all complimented each other and caught up a little bit. 

 "I'm he-e-ere!" I looked into the living room to see Jamia standing in the foyer. I rolled my eyes and walked into the kitchen with my mom. I continued to put the food out on the table and I heard Jamia walk into the kitchen.

"Auntie!" She exclaimed while hugging my mom. She looked at me and I flashed her a fake smile, walking into the living room to go see my dad. I sat on the couch next to him and rested my head on his shoulder. The man put his arm around me and asked how I was doing, opening up a conversation between the two of us about everything that was going on. My mom called us all to the table, so he and I stood up together still joined at the hip. We sat down at the table next to each other and my mom before saying grace and making our plates.

"Mommy, this is so good." I said to her stuffing my face like I did every time we had dinner.

"Slow down child." She told me as she laughed. "Yuh belly hurt after." I nodded and continued eating. I noticed Jamia staring at me as I ate, so I turned to face her.

"Whey yuh want?!" I asked her with an attitude. She turned around and began eating as I rolled my eyes.

"Be nice Lanay." My dad said. I sucked my teeth long and hard for them to get the point that I was mad.

"Watch ya'self, " He said, looking at me sternly. I continued eating and drinking my water when I felt her staring at me again. She was so fucking weird, just like her sister. The bitch had more than enough food on her plate to worry about. 

"Whey yuh want, oh?" I asked her again.

"Lef di gyal alone, Lanay ." My mom started to get stern with me.

"Ask her why she keep staring at me, then!" 

"You watch who you're talkin' to 'less you wan' me lick you up," She told me with a raised hand. I sucked my teeth and got up, ready to go. I loved spending time with them and eating my mom's food, but this bitch was rubbing me the wrong way. 

"Where are you going?" My dad asked me.

"Mi a guh home," I told him. "Y'all can stay if y'all want but I'm out." I said to my sisters, getting my purse and gathering myself to go. 

"Guh home? Mi nuh care." Jamia said under her breath. My mom shushed her, and tried to get me to stay, but I was over it already. I apologized to my parents and walked out of the house. I then remembered I left my phone on the table and I walked back in to go get it.

"Oh, here she come." Jamia mumbled. I looked at her long and hard before continuing to walk to get my phone. I kissed my parents on their cheeks before walking out of the door.

VOTE

SHARE

FAN

COMMENT

-Chrisara.