Chapter 14

"I'm sorry." Dark said. He is apologising?

I was shocked by what he said said. As his face shows me that he is one hundred percent serious. "Why are you apologising? It's not something that a demon like yourself would do."

"Your point is very valid," Dark started ready to prove himself, "At the moment where I made those horrible actions, I was being controlled by someone else." He looked down at his hands reflecting on the past. On everything that he has hurt, everything that he will hurt. All those things done by his hands.

"I was not me. Things like this have happened before. The fans have a point where they take control of me. Complete control. And I sure as hell can't do anything about it." His voice seemed to become more angry as he talked about it.

I don't know if I should trust Dark at this point, but I will obey by his story if it makes him feel good. Why am I so kind to everyone? "So you are saying what you did to me was because of Mark's fans?" I asked.

"Yes!" Dark looked a little more happy that I was understanding and believing in his preposterous chronical. "I don't know if in your heart you accredit my words, but I know in my heart my words are to be trusted."

"These days I don't know what to trust anymore." I susurration under my breath. Plus, Mark was home, so for the time being I can trust him.

"If you would give me a chance, I would like to redeem myself. But only if you are in agreement." Dark looked like he really wanted to redeem himself. Show that he was worthy of being in my presence. Why would anyone feel like they need to be worthy of me? I'm a nobody.

I nodding making probably a dumb mistake. I could feel a vibration on my leg. I comprehended that it was my phone buzzing. Taking it out, I saw that I had a text from Ashley. I sat silently texting her back, making a joke. I liked to make people laugh. "What was that?" Dark asked suspiciously.

"A friend texted me. Why would you want to know?" I said as I returned to my phone, receiving a message back from Ashley. Letting out the smallest chuckle, Dark wanted to question me some more.

"You never told me about this 'friend'. Is this person a good influence? Do they treat you well? If they don't, I would refuse their friendship if I were you." Dark interrogated me. Why did he care about my cohort all of a sudden?

I continued texting Ashley back and forth, ignoring Dark's presence. Still out of the corner of my eye, I could feel him here. "Ashley is my friend. I know a good friend from a bad one. I can take care of myself, so back the fuck off."

Dark became more and more irritated. What got him the most was the swear word in my sentence. For me, it was normal. He raised his voice as he addressed me, "Who the fuck is Ashley!" He came over to my chair and swiped me phone out of my hands, reading my messages.

"What the fuck!" I shouted back at him. My body can't do anything to take my phone back. I want this wheelchair gone. My leg needs to function again. Now that I think about it, Ashley is actually the reason I went in the hospital. The reason I moved in with Mark. The reason I met Dark. The reason I got raped. Who knew one simple text could change my whole life. For better or worse? I am still not sure.

"Don't swear around me, girly." Dark said in a calmer voice. In my mind I have to admit that Dark can be a little intimidating at some points. But I don't let it affect me very much. It's just his personality. That apparently Mark's fans create.

I came up with the perfect counter for him, "You just swore to me a second ago. So what is the big fucking difference?" I yelled in anger. I won't let this man boss me around and be a hypocrite.

A minuet ago he was saying he is sorry and now he is yelling at me uncontrollably. I swear he has some degree of bipolar in him. Still scanning my messages, he would reply to me. I defeated him.

After a little bit, Dark spoke up. "I don't want you talking to Ashley anymore." He demanded.

"You can't tell me what to do." I sighed it off. I am training not to be a pushover anymore. I though my phone was in reach, because Dark stood close to me. I tried to snatch it back. I need to talk to Ashley. She is like my only friend that I have known for over a year or two.

"Yes I can. And I will use force."

Having control can control you.