Hustle

Chapter 2

"Mya how much for these leopard Uggs?".

I sell clothes from a stolen van a couple blocked away from my house. I have a couple of boosters drive to New Jersey's mall and cop good shit. Then I'll hit them off with a little something at the end of a sale day.

"160". I said without even looking up. I was texting my sister on my flip AT&T phone warning her about going to the park around our area. I stood on the side of the van leaning against the side. I had the same Uggs on too.

"Hol' up! How you steal all this shit and expect me to pay store prices? Who you think you are?". The female snapped.

I looked up at the girl who was obviously cheap. She was a dark skinned skinny around the way girl I always see looking at my merchandise but never buying. Her over sized bamboo earrings she bought from the hair store was killing my vibe. The black lip gloss she wore on her thin lips wasn't making it any better.

" Go on with all that. If you can't afford it, go about your business". I said with annoyance in my voice.

" Who said I can't afford it?" She snapped. The dark girl pulled out crumbled bills from her too tight jeans. She pulled out three fifties and one ten. All she had left in her hands were two twenties.

She passes the bills to me and as I smoothed the money out I watched her reached for a size eight.

She looked at the shoes and rubbed her hands over the sheep skin. She touched her pockets and looked back at me.

"No refunds". I smirked. The bitch spent damn near her whole pay check. Her pockets were gonna be hurting for a while.

She sucked her teeth and walked away. She clearly had on a half of wig which had lint everywhere. Her off white uptown sneakers made a funny sound as she walked away.

A couple of hood rats came over a few moments later and bought the rest of the Uggs I had. The girl must've been showing off, I was pretty sure that was the first pair she ever had.

It was a Saturday afternoon and the leaves fell steadily from the trees. Turning tints of brown and orange. " I love this weather". I said to my self, I loved fall, I loved the rain, the little chilly air, the fashion. Not so much the holidays though, with my mom being all fucked up on drugs, we can't enjoy it like a normal family could.

"Me too". A voice came from behind me. I didn't look, what for? Plus. I was embarrassed that somebody heard me talk to myself.

The stranger came to the back of the truck. Damn, I said to myself.

The stranger smiled a bright smile and pulled his brown hands from his black jeans. He reached out for my hand that I gently gave. " Soft hands". He said.

I looked at his attire. Tan thick sweatshirt, black jeans, with Ralph Lauren boots and a leather jacket. His face was smooth except for his lines up side burns that matches perfectly with his fresh hair cut. I could tell by the white stuff where his shape up was made it was fresh.

" You just gonna stare or are you gonna tell me your name". He asked with a chuckle in his voice. His teeth seemed so perfect. All the females that walked passed stared at him, cars slowed down to say hello but he kept his gaze on me the whole time.

" Alright god, what are you trying to pull? You know I'm not looking for a boyfriend. Shoot, never even had one! Please god, don't let this be the end of me". I said under my breath.