"Oh goodness when are you two going to get over yourselves and say you're in love with each other."

"Don't you remember? I did tell him I loved him and he rejected me. I won't be doing that again."

"If you say so Y/N. But just remember if a happy ending finds it's way to you, don't run away out of fear."

"I won't."

"Good now come over here and give me a hug." Y/N hugged Pepper tightly, hoping that the rest of the day would go smoothly.

The two women pulled apart, then there was a knock on the door. Soon Tony's voice could be heard from outside.

"I know I can't see Pepper but I would like to see my daughter for a few minutes if you can spare her." Y/N smiled at Pepper and walked to the door, moving quickly as to not reveal the bride to her groom. Once the door was shut firmly behind her Y/N turned around and wrapped her arms around her father.

"Hey Dad, what's up? Need a pep talk before you go out there?"

"No Light. Actually I'm here to give you a pep talk."

"Oh? What for?"

"For tonight, for Pietro."

"Oh."

"Yeah. So I'm just going to get straight to the point, do you love him?"

"Uh.."

"It's yes or no Y/N. Do. You. Love. Him."

"I don't know."

"Yes you do."

"Okay I do know but after what happened, I don't know if I can handle loving him. He hurt me and I am trying to move past it. I am occupying my mind with other things like books and S.W.A.T. and it seems to be working. I don't want to be the girl whose whole existence is based around some guy and when I'm with him that's how I feel. Stepping back from it all, that's how I see it."

"I can see that. But you are in control of that. Remember that, you are the one in control of who you are and you don't need to base your existence around him. But you do love him and you don't need to let that go. You can have both. You can be in love with him without having you existence and your happiness based around him."

"I get it. So what do I do?"

"Whatever makes you happy. If you want to wait around for him to be ready then do that, work on the things you love and wait. If you don't want to wait and you just want to tell him then do that. If you don't want to be with him at all, even though the thought of living without him kills you, then do that. Whatever you do, just know that I will always love you and support the decision you make." Tony hugged his daughter close. "Even if I think it's wrong." The two laughed and pulled away from each other.

"Thanks for the talk Dad. You should head out, it's almost show time."

"I'll see you out there my Light." With that Tony walked away and Y/N turned back and walked back into the room where Pepper was sitting on the bed trying to calm herself down."

"Are you ready Pep? It's show time."

"I have never been more ready. Let's go before I change my mind."

Together the women walked towards the Balcony where the Ceremony would take place. Y/N was nervous, what her father had said to her really stuck with her and she really had no idea what to do. Her mind was adrift with thought when they got to the doors.

"Alright, I go first. If I leave, do you promise you will come out?"

"I promise Y/N. Now hurry up so we can get a move on with this thing." Y/N put her hand on Pepper's shoulder for a moment before grasping the flower's tightly in her hand and making her way down the aisle. The look on her father's face was enough to send her into a fit of smiles and silent giggles. He looked happy and proud and nervous and excited all at once and she didn't know her father was capable of such an expression. When she made it to her spot, she turned around to watch Pepper make her way down the same path she had just taken. She looked as nervous and excited as Tony did and it brought happy tears to Y/N's eyes. All she ever wanted was for her dad to be happy and this, marring Pepper, that's what was going to make him happy and she couldn't be more ecstatic about it.