Part 3

Tony and Pepper truly were in love, anyone with eyes could see that, but after the death of Y/N's mother, Tony's first wife, Tony had been very hesitant and careful with his and Pepper's relationship around his daughter. When they first started dating 5 years ago Y/N had been 16. They didn't tell her at first, even though Y/N never really knew her mother Tony didn't want her to feel like he was trying to replace his first wife or his daughter in his life because Y/N really was the most important person in his whole world. They eventually did tell her only for her to say she already knew. Y/N was good at that, knowing things before she was told, she had a way about picking up on things in passing and remembering them, something many people admired about her. Pepper had been the closest thing Y/N had ever had to a mother and she was glad that her dad had finally admitted there was something between the two of them. Though Tony was still cautious, he didn't want to make his daughter feel as though he was choosing Pepper over her so whenever he planned dates for himself and Pepper he would always plan one for him and Y/N as well, this went on for a year before Y/N insisted that it was fine and to just go on dates with Pepper she would find something to keep her occupied, and she always did, usually creating something new or fixing something to make it better.

Despite Y/N's instance that she really was perfectly happy with her father's relationship he still ran almost everything he did by her, which was what brought him into his daughter's lab one day. Her lab was almost like her second room; in the center of the room were computers and desks and all sorts of gadgets, like any other lab you would see in the tower, but in the back corner on the right side was a setup of bookshelves filled to bursting with a combination of the books Y/N had been collecting over the years as well as books her mother had collected in her lifetime. There was a rug and in the middle sat a beautiful pink vintage plush chair, on each side of the chair were stands, on top of one was a cup of tea and the other a lamp. Y/N sat in the chair reading a book from her mother's collection, the spine was well broken in and the cover was almost falling off, it had been her mother's favorite he can remember walking in the door from work to see he curled up in a chair reading the exact same copy on a number of occasions. He stood by the door just looking at his daughter, she looked so much like her mother that it made his heart swell.

"You know dad it is very rude to stare. You are more than welcome to pull up a seat if you wanted to talk."

"I wasn't staring I was just admiring how much you look like your mother is all." Tony took a seat on the floor in front of his daughter pulling out his wallet and then a picture from it handing it over to her. "That washer on our wedding day, she was your age and I swear I had never seen someone so beautiful in my entire life and it was true until I met you and gosh you are just the spitting image of her. I will never get over that. She loved you so much, but she let her mind convince her that she didn't but anyonewho saw her with you those first few months could tell how much she loved you."

"I wish I would have gotten to know her that's all."

"You do know her,you are her, in many ways, in a way I lost her but still kept her if that makes any sense."

"It does. So what is the real reason you came? You didn't come just to talk to me about how much like mom I am. So what is it? Spill."

"Alright so when you were younger, you were probably 5 or 6, you came to me in the lab with tears in your eyes and asked me if I would ever love someone again like I loved your mother. I asked where that thought even came from and you told me that someone down at the park had said to you that I was going to fall in love with another woman and you would get a horrible wicked step-mother and we would have our own kids and I would forget all about you. I told you that you were the number one girl in my life and even though I was positive I would never love someone like I loved your mother if I ever did I would come to you to you and ask for your approval of her first because you are the most important person in my life and you will always be my special littleLight. Well that's what I'm doing. I have been putting a lot of thought into it and even though your mother will always hold the spot as my first true love and you as my second, Pepper is my true love now and I want to know if you are okay with me asking her to get married. It won't change your status as my number one and I promise no children because let's be real I would have no idea how to raise a child that wasn't you but I just think that this I where our relationship is headed and I am ready to go at it full force if you will let me."

"Dad I was little when you said you would ask me, I'm not a kid anymore you don't need my permission to be happy. If this is what's going to make you happy then what does it matter what I say."

"It matters because I made a promise to my 6 year old little girl and I didn't break promises to her then and I am not starting now so yay or nay to Pepper Potts?"

"Yay, Pepper is perfect I have never met anyone who could put up with you like shecan."

"That's true. So now that I have your approval I have to go plan a proposal."Tony stood up from the floor dusting off his pants and Y/N stood from her chair to hug her father.

"I can feel everything around me changing and I just can't wait."

"Me either Light this is the beginning of the good times for us."

**

A few days later Y/N sat in front of her computer typing up a list of things she wanted to tinker with that week when she heard the doors to her lab open; she turned to find Pietro with a sad look on his face.

"Hey Piet, what has you so down?"

"I do not really know I just am very sad today and Wanda is very busy with training so I thought I might come talk to you."

"Well you know you can always come talk to me. How about we go get comfy in my little corner." The pair made their way over to the corner of the lab that housed some of Y/N's favorite things and sat on the floor across from each other.

"Alright so is there anything particular you wanted to talk about?"

"Not really I just wanted to talk, thought it might make me feel better."

"Well do you have any idea what is making you so upset?"

"Not really. I guess I just am missing my family. I have Wanda but she is always busy and I see the way everyone here acts as if they are a family and it just makes me miss my parents and the way things were before."

"Well it's okay to miss your parents but also you need to remember that you are part of this family now and we all care about you no matter what."

"Thank you Y/N, that helps me feel a little better."

"Do you want to do something that might make you feel a lot better?"

"What is it?"

"Well I just happen to know that today is the day they are waxing the floors down on level 6 and I also just happen to have 2 pairs of fluffy socks..."

"What is it that you are getting at?"

"Well I think that there is nothing more fun than sliding across a freshly waxed floor in a pair of fluffy socks...except perhaps sliding across a freshly waxed floor in a pair of fluffy socks at the speed of sound."

"That does sound a little fun."

Y/N stood up from the floor and walked towards the door. Stopping only for a moment turning back to Pietro

"What are you waiting for hurry up."

Pietro stood up and looked at her for a long time smiling at how impatient she was being.He never thought there would be someone more impatient than him but here she stood before him halfway to the door before he could even stand.

"You are going to wish you did not say that." Pietro laughed as he came up behind her picking her up and ran out the door and down the stairs all the wayto to the 6th floor in seconds where when he stepped off the stairs he immediately began to slide around and ultimately fall with Y/N still in his arms. The pair laughed it off and carefully stood back up and slid down the halls together with the biggest smiles on their faces, their laughter heard throughout the whole tower.