A Different Ending

Rin Okumura, the eldest spawn of satan, walked down a street slowly with his bangs shadowing his usual baby blue eyes, not caring for the people that happened to pass by him. Similarly, they didn't care for him and they stared straight ahead, leaving rin to his thoughts.

 The only thing he could think about were his family and his supposed friends, excluding satan, for he was the cause of his miserable life. The constant 'visits' of his fellow demon family have cause nothing, but havoc upon his life and that was exactly why the half demon had contributed his life to being an exorcist. 

The demon who was unwanted by all, looked up from his thoughts and realized that he had arrived at the gates of True Cross Academy. He hoped that once he stepped foot inside, everything would be peaceful. However, nothing went the teenagers way, for the Kyoto Trio had appeared like wild pokemon.

Like usual, Ryuji 'Bon' Suguro shouted at the half demon, spouting insults that pierced Rin's frame like a dagger. The other two -Shima Renzo and Konekomaru Miwa- attempted to pull the aggressive male away, the aforementioned male proving it difficult when he struggled against their grip.

Fortunately, Rin walked away, his head bowed slightly lower. Then the male blinked when he heard a commotion up ahead, a large crowd of students cheering as they stood at the entrance of the academy.

Curious, Rin walked up to the door only to spot a notice attached to it, explaining that there was no school on that day. The half demon read further, wanting an explanation.

Supposedly, the teachers were called in on an emergency meeting to discuss certain drills in case and intruder invaded school grounds. However, Rin knew that was not the case, it was merely an excuse so the students didn't know that demons were beginning to tear down the seals around the school.

The spawn of satan sighed and crossed his arms behind his head, turning on his heels and walking away from the building. Once more, he delved in his thoughts of what he should do with his free time.

' Can't go to school today...How 'bout Cram academy? Definitely not, that stupid big-headed rooster will be there and I don't want my tail stepped on again' at the mention of his tail, the limb twitched under his shirt. 'Meh, guess I'll just go train on the dorm roof, maybe Kuro will be there' The thought of the two tailed sidhe brought a small smile to Rin's features, the only thing that made him happy nowadays.

The half demon picked up his pace, jogging along streets and pathways to reach the old male's dormitory that he shares with Yukio -his younger twin brother-...and the exwires in his class. Rin quickly checked the area, careful to avoid the other exwire's dorms in case they had come there to rest.

Unfortunately, he was unable to find his cat friend and decided to trek up the stairs instead to start his training. Rin walked to the left edge of the rooftop and plucked out a loose stone, reaching inside to grab it's contents.

When he pulled out his hand, a tan bag followed. He set the item on the floor and placed back the stone as if it were never moved in the first place.

Turning his attention to the bag, he opened it up with his nimble fingers to reveal candles inside. It was the same candles he had been given by Shura Kirigakure in able to control his flames, so far, it had been going well.

Had. His recent turmoil of emotions caused him to lose confidence in himself and it made it easier to burn the candles halfway through, thus the reason why Rin felt frustrated after and hour of training.

Thankfully, it was the same time that Kuro decided to swoop in and save him from anymore stress. 'Hey Rin!' "hey Kuro" Rin mustered up the best smile he could, managing to trick the young cat with the twisted lie of his cover.