one.

first day of june, 2015.
two days until my birthday.
my 21th birthday, to be exact.

i walked downstairs to the smell of burnt toast and coffee: my roommate, andrew. he was never great at making breakfast, but he tried. of course, i didn't tell him that it sucked. after all, he was my best friend.

"good morning, alice."

he smiled at me, chuckling quietly.

"morning, drew."

"um, you might want to put a brush through that hair of yours. were you attacked by a raccoon or something?"

i gave him that 'haha very funny' face and he just laughed. i grabbed a piece of toast and a can of expired coca cola, and walked towards the stairs.

"oh, by the way," andrew yelled from the kitchen, "we're going out today."

was he serious?
i made my way back to the kitchen, questioning if i had heard him correctly.

"don't you mean that you're going out today, emphasis on the 'you're'?"

he rolled his eyes at me, as if i couldn't see him.

"no, alice. i mean we, emphasis on the 'we'. we're going to josh's house. you've been home for the past week. you need to go outside and do something besides lay in bed all day, listening to your precious foo fighters."

he was right. i did spend 95% of my day listening to the foo fighters. but, who could blame me? they played like angels.

i did want to lay in bed, listening to my "precious foo fighters", but i knew that attempting to tell him that i didn't want to go wouldn't work, because he would make me go anyway.

"i'll go get dressed."

he grinned at me.

"you better. we're leaving in 25 minutes."

are you kidding?

"oh, thanks for telling me so much ahead of time."

he looked up from his plate, smiling. "no problem."

i shot him a glance: the death stare.
"i swear, one day, im gonna kill you."

i walked back towards my room.
"over my dead body."