Wishing -

Ten

We travel by private plane to Ellesmere Island, Canada.

Before leaving Venice, Sebastian explained to me that to make sure we were not being followed, we would need to stay mobile for several days. So we flew to Russia, staying one night in Moscow, and from there to Montreal. We rented a cottage there and laid very low. For two days, we simply immersed ourselves in each other, spending our days by the fire wrapped in one another's arms as he told me more about Challis. Our nights were spent by that same fire, making love and creating searing heat of our own. Because the beds were always too short for him and he found altering them a waste of time, we usually slept on the floor, and I laughed when he told me about the beds in Challis being custom made to accommodate his people, both the men and the women, which meant they would most likely swallow me whole. I was looking forward to feeling short around other women for a change.

He spent some time demonstrating a few of his various powers–moving objects, causing things to appear and disappear into thin air, sedating and calming others, dressing and undressing, all with the power of his mind. The last ability saved us both a lot of time, which was very convenient when it came to certain things.

When we finally left the cottage and made it to the airstrip, Sebastian surprised me by saying he would be flying the plane from here on out. It would be safer that way, and we would be changing our mode of transportation on Ellesmere Island.

As we step off the plane onto yet another private airstrip, a black SUV is waiting for us. This tall driver is older, his skin very fair, and his face is one of the kindest I have ever seen. He smiles, bowing slightly before clasping hands with Sebastian.

She is even more beautiful than I imagined she would be, comes the man's voice in my mind.

She is, Uncle, Sebastian agrees.

Uncle? I question.

Yes, cara. He smiles. Celine, meet my uncle Aaron. Uncle Aaron, I am honored to presentmy wife, Celine. His uncle's eyes widen.

The One truly has guided you with his hand. Your destinywas set from the beginning–to be not only the guardian, but also the true mate of the Woman of Prophecy. His expression is one of awe.

When the knowledge came to me, I was just as surprised as you are, Uncle, but by that time, my feelings for her were already sealed in stone. Turning to me, he smiles, raising my hand to his lips.

It is good to meet you, Uncle Aaron, I finally relay.

It is indeed an honor and a joy to meet you, and call you family.

I smile, instantly loving the older man.

I get in the vehicle while Sebastian and his uncle put the luggage in the back. Smiling, I contemplate how comfortable I am in the below freezing weather. For the sake of appearances, we had worn coats when we arrived in Canada, but the truth is, we both could have walked the city completely naked and it would have felt like summer. I am definitely loving being immune to the cold.