Chapter 5

Grace POV:

"Can you stop biting me now?" was the first thing he said to me.

We had been walking for 5 minutes now. Actually he was walking and I was still on his back.

Since he wouldn't let me down and I was so hell bent on getting down, I resolved to biting him until he put me down.

It didn't work. The only reaction I got was a chuckle of amusement.

I could listen to his laugh all day.

Wait what.

Forget I said that.

"Put me down and I'll stop biting you." I retorted.

"You think you can walk when you've injured your foot? Forget it Grace, I'm carrying you." He replied

How did he know my name?

You told the betas your name. They probably informed him.

Makes sense.

"And exactly whose fault is it that I'm injured in the first place?" I shouted near his ear.

He winced and replied with a guilty tone. "I'm sorry. I had to stop you somehow. You wouldn't stop running from me."

"There's a reason I was running from you. I hate you. You're a killer. Why would I want to be with a killer." I blatantly said.

It was silent.

He didn't reply. The atmosphere had completely changed.

He then let go of me and set me on the floor.

We just stood there staring at each other.

"Listen here, you may be my mate but I won't tolerate the disrespect." He said in a cold clipped tone. He then turned around continued walking, not waiting for me.

I quickly followed, not wanting to get lost.

I could escape but something was pulling me back. And it wasn't my injured foot.

You made mate sad. Catalina whimpered as she went to the back of my mind.

I immediately felt guilty. I know that if someone had called me a killer and told me they hated me, especially my mate, I would be hurt and upset.

He's so ruthless that he probably doesn't even realize that I'm the sole survivor of the pack he killed.

I shouldn't care how he feels. He deserved it. He killed your family Grace.

I continued limping behind him, but soon the pain in my leg began increasing.

Little twigs would poke at the bottom of my foot since I was barefoot.

Deciding the pain was too much, I sat down.

Arsen stopped walking as well after noticing that I wasn't following.

When he saw my expression and how I sat down abruptly he quickly strode towards me.

He bent down and I could see the worry clear in his eyes.