Chapter Five

"Her boyfriend's a dick, he brings a gun to school and he'd simply kick my ass if he knew the truth." I scream the lyrics as I half clean and dance in my empty dorm room.

It's finally Friday and I've been anxious for this since Monday.

My week went by too slow for comfort, it had no mercy on me. My classes seemed to drag on miserably and I found myself not being able to pay attention. In the classes that I share with Harry I couldn't focus. We spent the time making jokes and trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

As the week went on I discovered butterflies in my stomach when I waited for Harry to get to class or when I thought about our date.

Sadly, I've been planning my outfit since I got to my room Monday night and I've ditched Parker and Claire all week, mostly because I'm trying to avoid telling them about the date. Parker would flip his lid if he knew, and I just don't want to deal with it.

This is my first date in probably over a year and I want it to go well. I haven't been on many and never really cared about them, but Harry is the only person I've made friends with here and it was really nice that he even bothered for a date.

I've finished cleaning and I take a glance at the clock. 5:45.

Harry said he would be here around 7 so I decide to take a quick shower, making sure to shave my legs and use my special occasion body wash.

Once I'm out of the shower and fully dressed I have only half an hour left. I check in the mirror and I'm pleased with myself. I decided on my dark skinny jeans, a grey and black jumper, and my grey Vans. I'm well aware that I'm not very dressed up, but I refuse to be uncomfortable. Instead, I quickly blow dry my hair and attempt to tame the curly mess. To my surprise, it looks kind of nice.

I know I probably only have a few minutes left and make the last minute decision to fix my makeup. I even out my skin tone and use a light purple that makes my eyes pop. I go with a nude lipstick and top it all off with 3, unnecessary, coats of mascara.

Harry's P.O.V.

It's now two minutes before 7 and I've been sat outside her dorm room for the past 15 minutes. I lean my head back against the wall as I listen to her music pour out of the room.

"You make it so, you make it so,

You make it so easy

This letting go is so beautiful,

Cause you make it so easy,

To fall so hard, to fall so hard"

I've never heard the song and I have no idea who sings it, but I like it. I like the lyrics and I like hearing her half scream them. I can tell how passionate she is about the music she listens to as she skips three songs and starting singing loudly to the song she's found interest in.

I check my phone and it's not a few minutes after 7. I hate the thought of ruining this moment. I could sit out here and listen to her singing all night, but that would get me nowhere.

I finally stand up and dust any dirt I might have off my bum.

After a few deep breaths, I gain the courage to knock. By the time my hand hits the door the third time she's shut her music off and I can hear her cursing as she cracks the door open.

"Sorry.." she mumbles and blushes.

"That's alright. I hope I wasn't interrupting any serious practice in here." I joke and step inside her room.

She laughs and grabs her purse and pushes her hair out of her face,

She looks absolutely gorgeous and I have to take a step back so I can look at her fully. She's wearing a simple outfit with her hair down. Her appearance matches her personality more than anyone would probably understand. It's just simple and beautiful. Light and carefree.