"Well, you don't have to. Everything is perfectly fine." He said with an edgy tone.

Ouch.

I didn't say anything else, I loosened my grip on his hand and so did his but we still kept it intertwined and I just stared out the window. I didn't want to annoy him anymore, or whatever. I'm sure he doesn't even want me here now.

My phone vibrated, I removed my hand from his and searched in my purse for it. It was Shelby calling.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, where are you?" She asked, "I'm outside your house."

"Oh, I told you that Justin and I were hanging out."

"Shit, you sure did." She chuckles, "where are you two going?"

"I don't know, he won't tell me."

"Well, have fun." She says, "Did your mom get a new car?"

"No, why?" I asked.

"There's a black Escalade in your driveway and it's really nice."

"Wait, what?"

Justin looked over at me in curiosity and worry, but I just turned towards the window and started whispering.

"Shelby, how long have you been outside my house?"

"For almost fifteen minutes, But I left and I didn't see your car so I assumed you weren't home that's why I called but your mom is and she hasn't answered the door and I left my spare key at my house."

"Go back and make sure everything is okay, try ringing the doorbell again." I whispered, hoping he wouldn't hear.

"Why? Is there something wrong?"

"I don't know, but just make sure for me please and be careful."

"Okay, I'll call you back. I'm heading over there now."

"Okay, I love you be careful."

"I love you too and I will!"

The call ended, I know it wasn't the same car I saw, but an Escalade? I never known for any of my moms friends to drive that type of car.

"Is everything okay?"

"Um, yeah. Everything's fine." I said.

"are you sure? We can go back if you want?"

"No, it's fine we came all this way and I don't want to ruin our time together."

Justin grabs my hand again, resting both our hands on his lap.

"We have five months of school left." Just reminds me.

"I know."

"I was thinking about switching over to your school me and Matt."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, we want to be closed to you both."