• five •

Kelsey's POV

Being in the car with Kyle was something I didn't want to do. I don't even understand why I agreed to it.

I leaned my head against the window, as I watched the street lights disappear then reappear. It was quiet, too quiet. I didn't dare cry in front of him, though dry tear stains were apparent on my cheeks.

"I'm sorry," kyle broke the silence.

"You already said that" I mumbled

"No, i'm serious" he grips the wheel "I know, I hurt you and that's no okay. I was being an inconsiderate asshole, lying to you is something I would never mean to do. That girl, she came on to me but being the stupid guy I am, I let peer pressure get to me"

I lifted my head off the window, watching him. He sounded sincere, he even looked sincere. But it didn't make me feel any better.

"You licked her body" I cringed at the thought "how can I ever trust you?"

"And that was stupid!" He grits his teeth "I never meant to hurt, you have to believe me"

He stops the car, I noticed we were at my house and there was my car. Shelby was still here.

"I have to go," I sigh taking the seatbelt off

"Wait," kyle grabs my arm, I looked at him "let me make this up to you"

"How?" I desperately ask.

"I don't know just let me find a way" he says with pleading eyes. "Please"

"Okay," I gave in.

"Thank you, I love you so much" Kyle pecks my cheek, but I flinch at his touch. He quickly pulled away, I didn't bother reciprocating the words back to him.

I got out the car, walking into my home. I kicked my shoes off, Shelby quickly jumped to her feet and rushed to my side.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine" I brushed her off.

"Why did you run off like that? That was really dangerous. Justin had to go after you"

"I know," I sigh "we got chased by cops"

"Really?" She laughed "I had to sneak my way to your car"

"At least you didn't get caught"

"Wait, you both got caught?"

"No, god no." I say

"So, what happened between you and Kyle?" She carefully asked.

"Um, he's trying to make it up to me" I shrugged

"Really? Are you going to forgive him?"

"I don't know ," I shrug "throwing two years away over some stupid mistake"

"It wasn't just some stupid mistake, he was flirting and technically cheated on you with another girl" she states.

"I know, but he apologized countlessly and he sounded so sad about it"

"You can apologize as many times as you want and sound sincere about it, but not mean it" she points out.

"I know, but, I do love him"

"I know you do," she sighs "but please be careful okay?" I nodded my head, she pulled me into a hug.

"I love you so much, kels"

"I love you too, shelbs"

We released each other, we began our paused movie night. It was almost three in the morning. I had too much on my mind, its weird how I just met Justin and saw him in person the same day.