Chapter: 1

Skylar's POV

I was sitting in front of the television flipping mindlessly through the channels. There was nothing on. There was never anything on. It occupied me some how, just sitting there pressing a button until my thumb went numb.

The house I lived in was dead. I can't even consider it being a home anymore. Everyone has took a dramatic change since my mother had died, and I feared that it would become permanent. My twin brother Jay stays in his room all day and only comes out to eat and go to school. He doesn't eat dinner with the family, he doesn't even talk much. The most I ever get out of him is two words, three if I'm lucky.

Paris only stays in my mothers studio playing music loudly and every now and then she would invited a friend over, but she is slowly fading away. She was so close to my mother but she's closer to my father. Her style is slowly changing but its always been that way. No matter what the case maybe. She'll talk to me for little but then she would stay in studio all day, going i don't know what.

Prince is very mature about it but I can tell he's hurting. Grieving. He misses mother a lot but doesn't want to admit it. All he does is write and direct these movies with his friends. He's coming up with this idea for a movie but I don't know what that idea is. I honestly don't care.

Mariah, all she does is cry, she hasn't put on make up in months, she hasn't put on any decent clothes in months and its almost summer time and she usually is excited to go summer shopping. She's the most depressed out of us all. She's not even as perky as she usually is.

Blanket is quiet, just like Jay. You'd see him running around here or playing video games but that was always that what time of the day when I would find walking towards mothers office but then stop in his tracks when he realizes that she isn't going to be in there. One day I just found him sitting in there staring off into space.

Ciara only cried for the first few says and then she was fine. she goes on her life like its nothing. She says it all the time that yes she misses mother, but it doesn't mean she has to stop her life and grieve about it. I think she's trying to be strong for everyone else. I have slowly seen her revolving into a mother figure for Blanket and I, she cooks she gets us ready for school she makes sure I take my medication and when I have my asthma attacks she rushes me to the hospital. I appreciate her that because when my mother dies I knew that apart of my father had dies also.

Alyssa is drowning in her guilt. Slowly drowning. She keeps saying that if she never would've been involved in that club a life would've never been lost, and so many hearts would've never been broken. I agree with her on that but everything happens for a reason. She doesn't talk to daddy much. She can't bare to face him but anytime I see her, I see nothing in her eyes.

Just then the doorbell rung and I threw the remote down and walked over to the door." Who is it?" I asked

"Its Keisha!" I opened then door to find my aunt standing on the step with sunglasses over her eyes.

"Hey Auntie." I said as I let her.

" How are you feeling honey?"

I shrugged my shoulder."I feel fine."I looked down and realized she had three suitcases in her hand a bag." What's with all the bags?"

"Your father and I decided that its best that I come here and help take care of you Mariah and Blanket."

I gave her a confused look." No disrespect Auntie, but why can't Daddy do it?"

She gave me a sympathetic look, pursing her lips into a straight line." Honey, your father isn't in the best mental state right now."

I knew that. I just didn't want to admit it.