Rope Around Her Neck

Start from the beginning

"So what did they say about Yoshida-chan?"Haibara asked her boyfriend as she examined herself in the small wall mirror.

"She was just discharged from the hospital last night,"Conan explained as he sat on a chair that was close to her bedroom window,the morning sun poured inside the room,warming Conan's body,"I had to tell them about our relationship as lovers."

Haibara raised her eyebrow as he spoke out the word lovers.

"I told them that could be the motive of her attempt suicide......and also about our betrothal......."

"Ok....."she replied with a cold tone,which she now rarely uses on him since dating,her back still to him and her face towards the mirror.

There was a pregnant pause between them,before Haibara was the one who broke it by grabbing her school bag and heading towards the door.

"You coming? Breakfast will get cold if you stay there."

Conan nodded and followed after her.

~~~~~~~~~
"So what did you bring me here for.....nee-chan?"

A first year student was standing beside a bunch of band equipment when she turned and spoke to the other first year girl who just came in.

"What? Can't I see my little sis?"

"I'm not a little sister.....just because I was born a minute before you....."

"Come on Gen-chan,I was just fooling around......"

Gen looked nervously at the other girl,"So what do you want?"

"I wanted to give you something....."the other girl silently looked through her bag and brought out a bento box.

"A bento box? I already have one......"

"I know it's just that I tried this new recipe and I wanted you to try it."

Gen stared at her awkwardly and just opened the lid,"I hope it's good."

"Don't worry,it's delicious.. It'll be your greatest meal......"

~~~~~~~
"Why do we have to be here?" Conan whined as he followed Haibara. Right behind them were Genta and Mitsuhiko.

"Because Koizumi-chan from Class C asked us to help for the annual school play."

"Help with what? They're the drama club. Can't they handle it themselves?"he sighed as he felt Haibara tugged at his shirt.

"Matsuoka-chan,leader of the drama club,wanted the theme of the play to be a detective mystery and since Koizumi-chan helped me once,I wanted to repay her. And since my boyfriend's a famous middle school detective and we were once a detective group in first grade, I agreed to drag you guys along to help make a good mystery."

So it's a Gen-san's fault eh?

"Ow!Stop tugging too hard!Are you afraid I'll run away!?" Conan exclaimed as he felt Haibara's grip on his shirt collar tighten.

"I just don't want you to get distracted. So don't lea-"

"Haibara-chan!!"

The four students turned their attention to a young girl with dark brown hair and violet eyes,run towards them.

"Hi Michiko-chan."Haibara greeted as the girl now stood in front of them.

"Mitsuhiko-kun? I didn't know you were once in the same detective club as Haibara-chan!"Michiko exclaimed.

"Hai. Koizumi -san..."

"I'll show you guys around ok.",Koizumi said as she started to walk towards the stage.