Chapter 6

Metropolis
Car's Burgers & Co.

"Aright everyone pack up before close up" the manager shouted.

"He's at it again" a short black haired women in a blue waitress outfit frown. "I hate this job"

"You got that right" another women in her late teens responded. She wore a blue waitress outfit set, her red hair cut short that it went down just a few inches from her ears matching with her light brown eyes.

"Honestly Vic. I just want to make enough money to ditch this junk"

Vic shrugged. "Come on let's pack up and go home, James"

James sighed as she began to take pack.

Few minutes later....

"Alright see you later, Vic" James waved getting into her car.

Vic nodded as she made her way down the street. Watching as James drove by
her and headed into a neighborhood in Metropolis.

Vic took her time getting home. Admiring the beautiful night, the wind beginning to grow blowing leaves and trash in the streets. She continue to walk down the block until she came across a limo parked down the road. Vic's eyes narrowed, taking her time, sense on full alert.

As she got closer to the limo a bald man in a fancy suit got off.

Vic stopped once she was a few feet away from him. "Who are you?"

The bald man smirked. "Victory Brooks"

Victory aka Vic frowned. "What do you want?"

"Lex Luther." The bald man responded as he open the door to the limo. "Why don't we go for a ride."

"Sorry but I don't like getting into a stranger's car even if it's a limo" Vic replied.

Lex Luther smirked. "All I want is offer you a better job"

Vic shook that head. "Am done. I don't do that anymore"

Lex Luther walked up her. "I know that your not into that business anymore and quite frankly I'm surprised that your still alive. It took me a while tracking you down since you done a marvelous job of covering up your tracks."

"Sorry Mr. Luther. But beat it" Vic hissed. "I told you I don't do that anymore. I have no interest of your money so you can go to hell"

Lex Luther was not surprised by her responds and if he was he was hiding it very well. Lex Luther reach her his pocket as he slowing pulled out a card and offered it to her. "Here is my personal number. Once you changed your mind, don't forget that my offer still stands."

Vic snatched the card from his hand. "Alright then but don't get your hopes up. Now leave me alone"

Lex Luther nodded before he got back inside his limo and drove away.

Metropolis 
Brooks's residents

Vic sighed heavy as she entered her house.

"That bad was it" A red head boy greeted her.

Vic smiled as soon as she heard him. "Good to see you too Johnny"