V

For some reason Stevie was extremely nervous about Mick meeting with Lindsey. It was just odd, him wanting to see Mick, so quickly after he had visited her and she rejected him, which Lindsey was not used to of course. They were definitely not going to be talking about anything concerning Fleetwood Mac, that was certain, Stevie was sure the meeting would be about her and Mick's relationship. 

"So..." Stevie started, leaning against the doorway. "Did Lindsey mention anything else? Why does he want to see you all of a sudden?"

"No, nothing more, he just called me about the place and time. Why?"

"Nothing." Shrugging her shoulders, she said. "I simply find this a little weird."

"Oh, me too, for sure." Checking his appearance in the mirror once more, making sure he looked good, as fashion had always been important to him, Mick turned to Stevie, trying to gauge what was going through her mind. "Do you think this will be about something to do with us?"

Nodding a little, Stevie added. "Yeah, I do."

"Don't worry, okay?" Mick gave her a smile, pressing a kiss to her hair. "He'll be fine, he'll have to get used to it and be fine."

"Just don't come back and tell me Fleetwood Mac has disbanded." Trying to joke, Stevie walked out with Mick, climbing downstairs and going to the front door of his house, as she had stayed the night before. 

"God forbid!" Mick laughed, giving her a kiss on the lips now. "I'll be back soon, I hope."

It most certainly bothered Mick that Lindsey's opinion to Stevie mattered this much, where their relationship was concerned. They were two grown up people, allowed to be with whomever they wanted and if someone disagreed - so be it.

In his car and on the way to the restaurant, where Lindsey said he would be waiting, Mick found himself making up justifications for being with Stevie again, shaking himself mentally, when he realized he was doing it. He was acting the same as Stevie right now. It was ridiculous, as Mick started feeling as if he was about sixteen and meeting the father of his girlfriend for the very first time, instead of the man he had known for years, who just happens to be the ex boyfriend of the said girlfriend.

Arriving at last, Mick took a deep breath, getting out of the car and locking it. He kept his head down, although, he hardly manged to hid himself with his height. Entering the restaurant, he spotted Lindsey right away, heading towards the table, Mick also noticed a glass of red wine in front of his band mate. 

"A bit early, isn't it?" Laughing lightly, Mick held his hand out for Lindsey to shake, who shrugged. 

"Felt like I need one." Lindsey replied, as both men sat down and picked up the menu, ignoring the awaiting conversation. "How you've been?"

"Ah, you know, just... resting, recharging after the tour. You?"

"Same, pretty much the same." Lindsey said, looking through the menu. 

They fell silent and neither of them was actually choosing what to have for lunch, tension thick in the air. Letting out a deep breath, Mick spoke up. 

"Why did you ask me to come here, Lindsey?"

"You don't know?"

"Stevie."

"Right." Nodding, Lindsey picked up his wine and took a sip.

"I'm just not sure what's there to talk about. You obviously know we're together and if you have something against it, you can keep it to yourself and don't take offense in me saying that, I'm simply being honest."

Lindsey didn't say a word for a moment, before... "I want you to break up with her."

Bursting out laughing, Mick took a minute to compose himself. "Excuse me? You want me to do what now?"

"You don't love each other, you're both just lonely."

"Tell me more. You seem to know everything about our relationship."

"I went to see Stevie, after that premier you two attended. We talked. She said she could never love you like she still loves me and she also let me kiss her. I bet she didn't let you in on that, did she?"

Frowning, Mick went back to the day, when Stevie was acting too weird even for her and what Lindsey just said, would be a good explanation for her strange behavior, because when she was guilty of something, it was written all over her face.

"Yeah, I can see you didn't know about it." Lindsey added. "You two just aren't meant for each other, Mick. Save yourself another heartbreak. I'm telling you this, because I'm being a good friend, I want to help you."

"You two aren't meant to end up together either, Lindsey. If you somehow forgot, let me remind you that you have a wife."

"Who knows for how much longer." 

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well..." Pausing for a second, he then continued. "Kristen has been God knows where since I've come home. She left, allegedly alone, to vacation, but I haven't heard from her for weeks now." 

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear things aren't going great." Mick said sincerely. 

"Maybe it's for the better. Maybe it's finally our chance, for Stevie and I that is."

Scoffing, Mick shook his head in disbelief. "Lindsey... No, just no. If your marriage is failing, that's your problem, but I'm not going to leave Stevie, because you think, you finally got your shit together and you two could be a couple again."

Sighing, Lindsey leaned forward, placing his elbows on the table. "I'm telling you, but you're not listening, you and her won't last. Deep down in your heart, even if you don't want to admit it, you know she'll find her way back to me."

"Watch what you're saying, Lindsey, alright? I don't appreciate this at all." Mick was getting angry. "I can't say for sure we'll end up married, but you stay away and let us do what we want, okay? What we have now is good for us, it works. We don't need you interfering."

Laughing, Lindsey pushed further. "I give it a month tops."

"Just stop, please! This isn't the 70's anymore, grow up. No one is interested in playing games. Fix your marriage and let Stevie and I be." Mick got up on his feet after that, turning around and stormed out of the restaurant, leaving Lindsey smirking to himself. 

This was exactly the reaction he wanted. He knew he got Mick all riled up and there was definitely going to be a conversation with Stevie about the supposed kiss. It was working out perfectly so far.

~

Do you like this at all? I can't see big interest in this. I might as well just scrap the whole thing.