Chapter Ten

I was out looking at dresses when my phone rang. I picked it up quickly so I didn't get stared at.

"Hello?" I answered and started heading toward the door.

"Hey!" Sawyer's voice sang from the other side.

"Sawyer! Hey!" I smiled.

"Want to hang out? I need to talk to you!" He said. I looked at the diamond ring on my finger.

"Yeah, me too..." I said, my voice trailing off.

"Well, let's meet at that restaurant we went to that one time with Joey and Shane!" When Sawyer said Joey's name, my heart broke. I have to tell him.

"Okay, see you there." I said.

"Bye!" he said and hung up.

I parked in the parking lot and took a deep breath.

"You can do this. Yo can DO this!" I tried to encourage myself. Didn't work. I can imagine how heartbroken he's gonna be... I got out of the car and took another deep breath.

"Boo!" I heard from behind me. I turned around and hit the muscular chest of Sawyer Hartman.

"Sawyer! Jesus, you scared the hell out of me!" He laughed and hugged me. I hugged him back.

"Let's go inside. I have big news!" he said and smiled big. I put on a smile that didn't give anything away.

"Me too!" 

We sat down and ordered our drinks.

"So, what's the big news?" We both asked at the same time. We both laughed.

"You first." We both said. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Sawyer, what is it?" I asked.

"Well, Hannah, I realized that...I love you." he said and looked at his hands. I looked down at mine, which were underneath the table. If anyone heard anything, that was my heart breaking into pieces.

"Sawyer, I...I love you too,-" he cut me off by kissing me. 

I pulled away and looked into his eyes. He smiled down at me.

"So, what do we do? I mean, we both love each other and we both know we're happy together..." he said.

"Sawyer..." my voice breaking.

"Joey proposed." I bit my lip and looked at him. He let out a sigh and bumped against the booth. He ran his fingers through his hair. 

"Look, Sawyer, I know we had something, but-" Sawyer held up his hand.

"We didn't have anything. I was leading you on. You're just a one night stand to me. You mean nothing to me, just another drunk girl with daddy issues in a bar. One night, Hannah." Tears ran down my face.

"You don't mean that, Sawyer. You just told me you loved me!" I said. He shook his head.

"Just, don't talk to me anymore. I can't even look at your face." Tears stung my eyes as I stormed off.

I ran to my car and jumped in. I just let myself sob in the parking lot. We didn't have anything, just another drunk girl with daddy issues in a bar. I sped off back to the dress shop. Fine Sawyer. That's it, Joey is the one, I know it.