you are mine part-1

Shot-1
The first time I talked to Randhir Shekhawat he called me an ugly, fat cow.
Now, given this was in kindergarten, I should have just cried and told our teacher, Ms. Baby. Well, I did cry, but I certainly didn't go running to Ms. Baby, so I could hear the satisfaction in Randhir's voice once he eventually called me a tattletale. No, that would have not been acceptable. I was a proud girl, even back then.
So, I cried, and then, with all the might a five-year-old girl could possibly have, I socked him in the face.
I remember sitting in the timeout corner of the small room, feeling so smug while I listened to Randhir Shekhawat blubbering like a little baby. I can still imagine his dark brown eyes with tears pouring down his face.
However, I underestimated Randhir. If I thought that by punching him in the face would end his torments, I was sorely mistaken. If anything, it had just made him more determined. So, day after day, year after year, I endured the name-calling, the fat jokes, the cornering after school with his friends by his side, the pranks...
Just about everything a little boy could do. But, Randhir exceeded expectations and always managed to make it worse.
And just when I was absolutely certain that I hated him, so much that I vowed to myself I would never marry a blond man, especially one with dirty blond hair, Randhir would do something that would confuse me. He would make me not hate him so much and actually make me like him.
Like the one time in seventh grade when we officially graduated to middle school. Entering that year, I was still an awkward girl, mind you. I was short, chubby, had braces and glasses, the works.
So, an eighth grader by the name Rehan Bajaj decided I would be his new plaything. And one day, Randhir noticed Rehan taunting me during class, throwing paper balls and erasers at me when the teacher's back was turned.
Now, I hadn't really cared if Rehan was the one throwing paper balls at me. For some reason, I was terrified that Randhir would join in with him. It made goosebumps spread over my arms and my heart pound. Only Randhir could do that to me. So, suddenly afraid, silent tears had begun to escape down my chubby cheeks. Randhir, of course, saw them and probably thought it was because of Rehan.
And the next thing I knew, the teacher was yelling and Randhir and Rehan were on the ground of the classroom, kicking, hitting, and possibly even biting. It was the most spectacular and horrifying thing I had ever seen. When the teacher finally managed to pry them apart, Randhir looked smug albeit slightly bruised, and Rehan was the one crying with the most damage.
After that, word got around. Nobody bothered me ever again after that, except, of course, for my favorite tormentor. I even said 'thank you' to him that day once he was released from the office. He had just shrugged and looked at me with those bright eyes of his and replied with, "You're mine."
TBC..