Chapter 5: Yellow Flag

"He's not so bad is he?" Tayler asked as we sat down in homeroom. 

"I'm not sure yet." I said and she just smiled and turned her attention to Braiden. 

I turned around and Connor was sat in front of me with an elastic smile, "What?" I asked.

"Nothing. You ready for our date?" 

"It's not a da-" I started but then remembered it was a date. "Yes, I'm ready." 

"Good." He said and got up as the first bell rang. 

__

After final bell I met Connor outside at his car. We drove a little farther and went to a different Starbucks that was only a few blocks from Connor's house. 

"The usual?" The barista asked and Connor nodded with a smile. This kid needs to stop coming here, "And what would you like, miss?" 

"She'll have a grande double chocolaty chip." Connor ordered for me. We got our drinks and sat down. We sat in silence and just looked up at eachother every once in a while. 

"I'm gonna be honest. I don't know what to talk about." Connor said. 

"Me neither." 

"This is awkward....." 

"Very." I replied and took a sip of my drink. It was silent for a minute or two and then I spoke up, "I'm sorry."

A confused look fell over his face, "Sorry? For what?" 

"Judging you. Not giving you a chance." 

"It's fine, really." 

We finished our drinks and headed back to Connor's house. The sky was dark and grey clouds covered every inch. The palm trees began to sway back and forth along the road as we drove. 

"I don't remember hearing about hurricane warnings for today." I told Connor.

"I don't remember either." 

Rain started falling right as we got to his house. We ran inside only with a few rain drops on our clothes. Thunder pounded outside and lightning lit up the dark room everytime it struck. We walked into the kitchen to find a note from Riley. 

Connor, 

Toby and I went over Thomas's. Be back later.

-Riley

P.S. If the power goes out and the storm is really bad we'll stay at Thomas's. 

Were Connor and I the only ones that didn't know about this hurricane? Connor put the note in the garbage and went to answer his cell phone that suddenly started ringing. 

"Hey, mom....Yea, I'm fine.....I have a friend here.....they're at Thomas's house.....yes they're staying there.....okay, love you...yes I know where the flashlights are......okay....Mom I'll be fine.....love you, bye." I listened to Connor as he spoke to his mom. He turned to me and said, "So, my mom and dad are trapped at work. I guess we're stuck here alone until the hurricane passes." 

"Sounds good." I said just as the room went black. 

"Great..." Connor sighed. I heard a drawer open in the kitchen. Soon a light flashed in my eyes and Connor's face came into view. "Flashlight?" He suggested handing one to me and I gladly took it. We walked upstairs to his room and he lit a few candles. We sat on his bed across from eachother and decided to play Go Fish. 

"Have any tens?" I asked Connor.

"Go Fish." 

"Have any queens?" He asked me and I handed him a queen, "Any fives?" He asked with hope becasue it was his last card. 

"Hmmm....lemme see." I said jokingly and scanning my cards. "Here..." I sighed and gave him my five.

"Weeee! I win!" He said and raised his fists in the air. I rolled my eyes at him and laughed.  

It was getting late and I laid back on his bed and shut my eyes. I felt him lie down next to me. I opened my eyes and turned my head to look at him. He looked back at me and smiled. 

"So, today was much better than Monday." I told him. 

"I agree."

"You're not who I thought you were." 

"I told you that like the first day of school." He said turning on his side and propping his head up with his hand. 

"So none of the rumors are true? You haven't had sex with almost every girl in the student body?" I asked and he laughed. 

"Nope. Not one. I've never done anything like that before. The most I've done with a girl is kiss her." 

"That's hard for me to believe." 

"It's true." He assured me. "How about you? There's no way you're a virgin." 

"I am." 

His mouth hung open in awe, "How? You're....you're..."

"I'm what?" 

"Beautiful..." He said shyly and my cheeks started to heat up. 

I moved over closer to him so our bodies were only inches apart. He pushed a piece of hair out of my face and looked into my eyes. I moved in closer and I could feel his breath on mine again. The presence of his lips sent chills all over my body. His soft pink lips brushed against mine and I let out a small gasp. He then closed the space between us and locked our lips together. I was taken by surprise at first but then began to kiss back. The kiss got deeper and deeper. He rolled me over so he was on top of me. His tongue trailed over my bottom lip asking for entrance and I parted my lips. We kissed forever and each one held more and more passion than the last. 

His hand trailed up my thigh and to my waist. He pushed my shirt up and his rough hands ran over my body in all directions. He kissed down my neck to my breastbone as his hands crept down to the button on my shorts. I grabbed his hand before he could unbottom my shorts. 

"Yellow flag.." I said. He rolled off of me and lied there in silence for a moment. Both of our chests moving up and down trying to catch our breath. 

"Sorry, I don't usually..." He tried to explain. "You probably think I did all this just to do that and I didn't. I swear!"

"Connor, calm down. It's fine." I told him and he did as told. I moved over and rested my head on his chest and drifted off to the sound of the rain on the roof and the thunder cracking in the distance. 

A/N: So, the 'First Time' hasn't happened yet but it will. Comment and Vote! Tell me if you want details during the 'First Time' scene or not. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.