There was a happy giggle coming from the water fountain, they all turned to see who it was. Artemis' heart lit up when she saw that it was Reese but she then realized how stupid he must look to everyone. Malcolm looked at Artie.

"You gonna go talk to him?"

"Uh, no. I have to get to class." Artemis walked off. "See ya guys later."

"She's...so...hot." Stevie said as he watched Artie walk away.

"Forget it, Stevie. She likes Reese."

"But...Reese is a moron." Stevie said before heading to class.

——

Artemis was sitting home alone studying for her midterms, she had music playing in the background to help with her studies. There was a knock at her front door. Artemis eagerly went to go answer it, she didn't expect to see Reese behind it.

"Oh! Hey, Reese." Artemis said with a small smile.

"Hi, Artie. Your parents home?" Reese asked.

"Oh. No, my mom went into labor while they were on their anniversary trip. So, my thinks it's best if they stay in Florida for five more weeks."

"Why?"

"She doesn't want my baby brother to 'get sick' on a plane. It's a silly reason, I know, but I don't mind. I like having the house to myself."
Artemis told him, she moved out of sight motioning for Reese to come in. Reese walked in and closed the front door.

"But what do you do for food and stuff?"

"My dad puts money of my debit card, and I spend it on food. Or I just go to your house for dinner."

"Artie?" Reese said as he grabbed her hand and pulled her in his arms.

"Yeah?"

"I don't like sneaking around." Reese said before placing his lips against hers. "I want everyone to know you're my girl."

"I do too, Reese." Artemis said as she gave him one more peck. "I just don't want people to judge me or you."

"Who cares what they think? I mean, so what I'm dating the smartest girl in school..."

"I just don't want them to think..."

"Think what?" Reese asked.

"Nothing." Artemis sighed. "How about we go to the dance together? Like, you know...as a couple. Let the whole school know we're together!"

"Really? Sweet." Reese said with a smile. An awkward silence passed. "So, do you want to make out?"

Artemis blushed at his sudden outburst but laughed it off, "Sure."

——

It was the night of the dance and Artie was nervous, she entered the gym slowly. There were some jocks that stared at her with a small amount of lust. Artemis rolled her eyes and tried to spot Reese, soon enough she did.

"Want some punch?" Reese asked a short, heavyset kid.

"If I say yes, you're just gonna punch." The kid told him.

"Don't ruin it." Reese said seriously. Artemis walked over and tapped on her boyfriend's shoulder.

"Reese, would you stop bullying the poor boy?" Artemis asked him. Reese turned around to look at Artis and couldn't believe how beautiful she was. "What?"

"You look really pretty." Reese said.

Artemis blushed, "Thanks. You look good. Why didn't you dress up?"

"What's the point?" Reese asked as he shrugged.

"I don't know." Artemis said. They both stood there for a moment, then the song 'This I promise you by N'sync' came on. "Oh, I love this song."

"Want to dance?" Reese asked as he held his hand out for her to take. She smiled and took his hand. Reese slowly pulled her to the dance floor. Artemis noticed the people looking at them, but she didn't care. Artemis wrapped her arms around his shoulder and Reese placed his hands on her waist.

Every word I say is true this I promise you. Oh, I promise you.

Reese leaned his forehead against hers. "I really like you, Artie."

"I really like you too." Artemis said before leaning in to kiss him.

She felt like this night should ever end.

——

It was the next day when Artemis walked over to Stevie and Malcolm.

"How's...my...girl?"

"She keeps yelling. Man, she hasn't even seen my report card yet. I could still pull of an 8.0 if I work hard enough, since I don't have distraction anymore." Malcolm said sadly.

"It's okay, Malcolm. You don't have to worry about girls like that. You need someone smart...pretty..." Artemis started saying but then she saw Alison flirting with her boyfriend. "I'll be right back."

Artemis walked over to Reese.

"So, I like...like curly fries. They're yummy." Alison said with a flirtatious smile. Artemis grabbed Reese and kissed him.

"Hey honey." Artemis said with a smile. Reese gave her a look, he was confused as to why she was acting so...jealous. "Oh..hey Amanda."

"It's Alison. Um, Reese...I'll see you later." Alison said before she walked off.

"Okay." Reese said. He turned to Artemis and smiled. "You're cute when you're jealous."

Artemis smiled.

"Thank you."

~•~•~•~•~• [A/N]

Heeyyyyyy! Thanks for reading. Leave a comment. In my opinion, this chapter was a bit boring but I think it'll be better next time.