The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-four

Start from the beginning

    “Eww. Gross, come on Mia stop.” I laughed. “Its tickles get of Mia.”

I noticed her body tense as I mentioned her name, suddenly her eyes started to light up. I knew that she had finally snapped out of her daze.

     “Tyler?” I heard her say in my mind.

    “Yes Mia, it’s me.” I replied.

     “Where are we?” she asked sounding a little startled.

     “We’re at the spring-water pool.” I replied stroking her fur, trying to comfort her.

     “How did we get here, it’s the middle of the night.” She asked quietly.

     “We were sleep walking or something like that, I followed you here.” I answered, looking into her big blue eyes.

I watched as her eyes grew wide and she started to pant. She was looking at me but it was clear that she couldn’t see me, her mind was elsewhere. Whatever it was that she was thinking about it was definitely scaring her.

    “Why can’t feel Luca? Where is he, why isn’t Luca here? Why can’t I talk?” she asked rushing her word.

She had forgotten everything and she clearly had no idea she was in her wolf form. I just didn’t what to say, no matter what I say she’s going to freak out.

     “He’s back at the house.” I replied.

     “Well come on lets go, I’ve got to see him.” She said starting to get up.

     “You can’t Mia.” I said stopping her from moving any further. “You can’t see him; he’s no longer part of the pack.” I continued, bracing myself for her reaction.

     “Wait! What do you mean I can’t see him, he’s my mate and what on earth do you he’s no longer part of the pack? You said he was at the house. How could he be at the house but not be part of the pack?” she growled at me angrily.

    “Well like you said you can’t feel him, he’s not your mate anymore. He is at the house he’s locked up in the basement. He challenge Wyatt and lost, he lost you Mia. You now belong to Wyatt and Luca is a rogue. You can’t be with him anymore Mia, I’m so sorry.” I said watching her heart break in front of me all over again.

She hurried away from me, heading back towards the water’s edge. She hunched herself over and started to retch, she somehow made herself look human in her wolf form. I got up from the ground and headed towards her. It was killing me to see her this hurt and upset. The sooner I could get plan in action the better but right now I have to look after Mia. She needs me; she needs someone to protect her.

    “It’s ok Mia I’m going to sort everything out; it’s going to be fine. You just need to trust me and give me some time.” I said as I stroked her back.

     “How did everything get so messed up?” she asked looking down at the ground.

     “I wish I knew but hey on the bright side we now know that you can shift.” I replied trying to change the subject.

     “What?” I asked sounding a little startled.

I slid my hand up to her neck and moved her head so she faced the water. She gasped as she took in her reflection.

     “You asked me earlier why you could speak well this is why. You’re beautiful Mia.” I said smiling at her. “Obviously you’re not as good looking as my wolf, but you’re not bad.” I continued winking at her.

She looked back at me with what I have guess was a smile on her wolf face. It was nice to see some happiness in her eyes but it last for long.

     “We have to free him Tyler, I don’t trust Wyatt he scares Me.” she said in a quiet pained voice.

     “I know Mia and we will you just need to give some time. Right now though we need to get you back and let the other know you’re awake.” I replied.

     “What about Wyatt I can’t go back there with him there?” She said quickly, her eyes wide with fear.

     “I won’t let him lay a finger on you. I promise.” I answered, trying to comfort her.

     “Thanks Tyler.” She said softly resting her head against me.  

    “Mia before we head back I need you to shift back. I think it would be in best interest, if Wyatt doesn’t know you can shift or that you’re a white wolf. Do you think you can do that for me?” I asked her, she responded with nod. “I just need you to try and relax and concentrate. I need you to picture you’re human appearance.” I continued.

I watched as she closed and with seconds she back to her human form. Like before she made it look effortless, I had never seen any Lycan shift the way she did. She made it look magical.

     “Um Tyler, don’t you mind turning around.” I heard her say.

     “Oh god yeah sorry cuz.” I said as I quickly jumped around.

I could believe I just looked at her naked, she must have thought I was checking her out. I slapped my hand on my forehead with a little more force then was necessary.

      “Ouch!” I shouted.

      “Why the hell did you do that?” She said laughing as she pushed me to the side.

     “Hey! Is that the kind of thanks I get for looking out for you?” I asked as the crossed my arms over my chest.

     “No that was checking me out sick perv.” She said hurrying off towards the trees.

     “I wasn’t checking you out! That’s disgusting Mia. God I’m not that desperate, for Christ sake. I’ve just never seen anyone shift like that before.” I said as I jogged towards her.

     “What do you mean?” she asked stopping and turning towards me.

     “Well you make it look so natural and fluid. You can still see you in your wolf, it’s like you just blend into your wolf. For us it’s like our wolf are bursting out of us.” I replied. “Anyway that’s enough talking we’d better get back before they notice you’re gone. The last thing we need is for Wyatt to be more of grouch than normal. If that’s possible.”

She looked over at me with a week smile as we started to head back.

    “Ok Ty.” She replied.

    “I’ll race ya.” I said grinning at her.

    “You’re on.” She said as she took off through the trees.

Now all I needed to do was to get my plan in motion but right now I’ll just settle on beating her back to the house.