Chapter Seventy-Six

Start from the beginning

"Come on" My voice drags Ross' eyes away from his son and he looks at me. I pat the empty space next to me on the bed and he looks at Dylan one more time before crawling up the bed and laying down next to me. "It won't be long until he's awake again"

"I'll do the night feed" He tells me and I laugh.

"You? Ross, you said you can sleep through anything. You really think you'll wake up to him?"

"I can try"

"We'll see" I move myself down the bed next to him and Ross grabs my left arm and pulls my hand towards him.

"Your hand looks better with this on it" He grins, tracing his index finger over my ring. At first it felt like it was weighing my hand down. It felt so strange to be wearing it.

"I love it" I tell him and he brings my hand to his lips and kisses it softly. "How much did it cost?"

"That doesn't matter" He smiles at me and I know he would of spent a lot of time to find the right one. He's a perfectionist like that. "Just know that I love you"

"I love you too" I whisper. "Now can we go to sleep?"

My eyes are burning from the lack of sleep over the past forty-eight hours and I know I won't be able to keep myself awake for much longer.

"Yes" He smiles and pulls me to his chest. "We've done good Edie"

"I know"

And within five minutes we were out for the count. But apart of me couldn't wait to hold my baby in my arms again.

...

Ross

"That's my boy" I coo at my son in my arms as he finishes the last of his bottle.

"He inhaled that" Rocky laughs, watching me feed Dylan.

"He's got a good appetite"

"I can see that that" He stretches out on the seats opposite me and grabs his guitar. I take away the empty bottle away from Dylans lips and sit him up on my knee and start patting his back lightly. I try and tell myself this is natural instincts as a Dad but if I didn't have my Mom giving me tips and hints before he was even born I wouldn't have a clue what I'm doing.

We've all been up for a while now, but all doing our own thing. We're still on the move back home, Dad made arrangements to have less stops on the way, which means our TV and radio interviews have been cancelled so questions are being asked. But me and Edie have decided we're not ready to announce the birth of Dylan yet. We're going to leave it another week or two before letting the fans know.

Edie fell asleep about half an hour ago so I left her to sleep. After going through giving birth and staying up during the night with Dylan, there was no way I could watch her try and stay up during the afternoon. So the more sleep she gets the better.

"Do you want to hold him?" I ask Rocky and my brothers eyes widen slightly. He's taken such an interest in Dylan but he's the only one who hasn't held him. "He wants a cuddle with his Uncle"

Rocky thinks about it for a moment and then reaches out his hands towards me. I lift myself off the seat and slowly pass over my son over to my Brother. Dylan looks so small in his arms but my Brother soon relaxes and sits comfortably with his nephew.

"This is so weird" Rockys says, touching the tip of my childs nose and smiling when he scrunches up his face. "You're a Dad"

"I know" I laugh. "I haven't wrapped my head around it"

"I always thought it would go in order" Rocky admits. "Riker, Rydel, Me, You and then Ryland"

"I know, I think we all thought that" I say. "But everything happens for a reason"

"Yeah, and he's here now"

"I know!" I throw my head back against the seats. "Like he's really here"

"Yep!" Rocky holds up Dylan so I can see his face fully and I can feel the smile spread across my face.

"That is so cute!" Rydels voice distracts me from Dylan and I see her standing at the top of the steps with her phone in her hand. "Can I?" She asks and I nod.

We've all taken so many photos of Dylan but we know not to upload anything without coming to me or Edie first. But we need to document everything. I have many embarrassing photos of myself growing up and if my son doesn't have any then none of us have done our jobs right.

"Rocky's holding the baby?" My Mom walks up from the bottom deck of the bus and smiles over at my brother. Ryland an Ellington follow up behind her and we all sit down together. My Mom sits down next to me and holds her hands out towards Rocky. He passes over Dylan and Mom lays his head on her shoulder and rubs my sons back lightly. 

I sit and watch everyone around me, smiling and laughing. Rydel and Ryland disagreeing about what to watch on TV while Rocky starts creating some new sounds on his guitar. Life couldn't be any better right now. 

"I'm so proud of you Ross" My Mom whispers to me. 

"Thank you" 

"He's even more perfect then you were" She smiles and kisses the top of her Grandsons head. 

"What?" I gasp. 

"I have to be honest" She shrugs and I smile at her. I can't disagree because he is perfect.