Doctor Richard Reid - An Accomplished Gynecologist & Medical Educator

Dr Richard Reid, a former Conjoint Associate Professor of the University of Newcastle, is a qualified gynecologist. He holds an MBBS degree, residency in obstetrics & gynecology, and fellowship in gynecologic oncology. He also has several board certifications – member of Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists, diplomate of American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology, and fellow of American College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists, American College of Surgeons, Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists, and Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Obstetrics & Gynaecology.

Doctor Richard Reid was associated with several professional medical societies – Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists, American Medical Association, Central Association of Obstetricians & Gynecologists, International Society for the Study for Vulvar Diseases, American College of Surgeons, American Society of Colposcopy & Cervical Pathology, Royal Australian College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists, Australian & New Zealand College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists, etc.

Dr. Reid is well-versed in colposcopy, vulvo-vaginal disease, laser medicine, and gynaecological surgery. He has been the director of a wide range of medical workshops not only in Australia, but worldwide locations as well. He along with Professor CW Zimmerman directed a series of Advanced Vaginal & Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery – A Surgical Skill Workshops held at Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists from 2006 to 2010. These workshops were aimed at training international pelvic floor surgeons in vaginal hysterectomy and familiarizing them with the latest defect specific methods of incontinence and pelvic organ prolapsed repair.

Doctor Richard Reid has been an accomplished medical educator in the areas of colposcopy, vulvo-vaginal disease, laser medicine and gynaecological surgery. He has directed many postgraduate medical workshops, around the World. Dr Reid was Co-director of a prestigious series of European Workshops in Pelvic Surgery, sponsored by Cook Medical and Tyco Healthcare between 2006 and 2010. These surgical skills workshops, held at the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists and University of London, were established to train international pelvic floor surgeons in vaginal hysterectomy and the new defect specific methods of incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse repair.

Doctor Richard created The ANZIME Advances in Women's Health Workshop in collaboration with Doctor Michael Campion. The workshop was held on March 17, 2012 at The Garvan Institute in Sydney, and was focused on different areas like development of hypertension dyslipidaemia, diabetes, and increased cancer risks in the young women suffering from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.