Chapter 2: 182 dayz left

"The early warning from John gave humanity 182 days to react to the asteroid, if we would have detected it ourselves, then we would have only 82 days to work with" says a scientist in the U.N science comitee emergency meeting.

"We could use LARS ( Lazer Array System) to try make the asteroid steer in a different direction but it will depend on the angle of our shots and calculations that need to be done. Moreover there is a possibility that colonies in Mars, Titan, our moon and Europa can be damaged, depending on how much of the medium or large sided rocks enter the atmosphere" which is said by another Scientist.

"We could use nukes that is modified to fit a P1PR a.k.a Piper (Power 1 Plasma Rocket) to destroy it" says one of the scientist behind the crowd

"Be realistic, those nukes are so 20th century, we have lazers for gods sake! Besides those nukes could cause more harm than good, it will produce an E.M.P shock wave that may disrupt any nearby satellite that is observing the asteroid." Said by a scientist near the nuke favoured scientist.

"Okay voting procedures, who votes for usage of Project LARS? (Two thirds of the scientists raised their cards) Now who is favour of Evacuation of Earth and any other colonies, raise your cards ( One third of the scientists raised their cards) Now who is in favour of launching a nuke using a P1PR to try to destroy the asteroid (The person who suggested that was the only one to vote) due to the massive majority in Project LARS, this would be the first option presented to the U.N Security Council although the other two options will be presented." Said by the chair who is confident that humanity will be saved.

For now, their vote will be considered by delegates debating solutions in the U.N Security Council Comittee. They decide whether or not LARS will be worth it to spend the last 182 days of Earth before collision.

Cherry has been busy with work and showing off the S.S New Hope's Schematics with the final product like she was a business woman. Sheryl Dames heard the commotion in the office, so she decided to investigate.
She saw Cherry tomatoes; which is her nickname as she often glowed a skin of red hot lipstick, explaining the S.S New Hope to her coworkers who are experts in space travel, they often see P12PC engines to test it's limits and are interested in people who bulit handmade P12PC engines.

She decided to listen before she interfere with the distraction, she has heard the S.S New Hope's functions and untested capabilities, she applaud the unknown creator of this ship. She asked Cherry more information on S.S New Hope, Cherry decided to show the schematics of New Hope. Interested in the idea that she told the entire team that they will do a inspection which she hopes that they may learn something new for space travel, besides they finished their last project of providing wireless and faster internet service to colonies in the our solar system, and that was fifteen days ago.

Cherry notified William that their department wants to take a look at the ship, William rushed to ask Robert that a NASA team is going on their way to take a personal look at the ship.

William sent coordinates to his massive underground garage which is at the old abandoned base, formely known as Area 51; (Explanation) the military wanted to test their space weapons but Area 51 is no close to Miami to launch their packages so they bulit a self sustaining military space station to test their weapons, and the old base is auctioned off and won by Robert's father for a hefty amount of a ten billion dollars.

With the coordinates set,they traveled in their custom, bacteria powered travel trailer with all their equipment to investigate the ship. From Houston to Arizona which is a twelve hour trip. While they were on the road, they sang songs, played games especially that travel bingo; which contains pictures of items you need to find before the other players, first to a row completed wins. Another two hours navigating directly to Robert's place. This was tough for them as they often use Realistic Interview Pro to communicate with freelance people in the field of space. They would only be at a conference table shaped like a football, but this time they used GPS which was a bit alienating.