Perrie,

I know I've scared you. I have no right to ask you to be with me. There are risks, more than I've let on about, but I can't release you. I'm afraid that even if you tried to run now I wouldn't let you go. I crave your body. The touch of your skin, The sweet silk of your thighs against my face and the taste of you on my lips. Even as I warn you away from me, know that you are mine and I protect what is mine. Even from myself.

~ Jade

I ran my fingers over her name, a smile tugging on my lips. Her words left me aroused and perplexed. It was nearly a love letter, the first I'd ever received and yet its romance was tainted with her self-doubt. The self-doubt I wished I could wash away. If only I could show her past sins were behind us, but I feared doing so might lead us down a treacherous path.
A shiver ran unbidden up my neck at the thought of Jade in control of my body. How could I want that and be scared at the same time? It didn't make any sense. Of course, nothing about our relationship was rational.
Could I follow her into the darkness to save her? I wasn't sure.
-------------------------
Jade picked me up at the door an hour later, which was a surprise since she usually sent Lauren to bring me quietly out the back. Since Jesy had already confirmed that there were reporters outside, I let her get the door while I took a moment to focus on my breathing, willing calm to overtake my body.
That calm vanished the moment Jesy opened the door. Instead my breath hitched at the sight of her dressed in a classic black suit tailored to her perfect body.
Jade carried a dozen red roses that popped against the black backdrop of her jacket, the scarlet providing a direct contrast to the darkness while still emanating a fierce sensuality.
"It's nice to meet you your highness," Jesy said, breaking the silence. She stepped aside and Jade strode into our flat, her eyes never leaving mine.
Finally, she tore her gaze from me and extended her hand to Jesy. "Please call me Jade. You must be Jessica."
Jesy looked torn between accepted her hand and curtseying. Thankfully, she took her cue, nodding as though this was a normal introduction. "Are you looking forward to this evening Jade?"
"Yes," she answered, although her response was too stiff to be believable. "That is, I'm looking forward to the company."
Jesy gave her an approving look, her eyes darting to me. "Excuse me a moment."
As soon as she left the room, Jade stepped forward and handed me the flowers.
"I thought you didn't do romance," I teased.
"Consider that a consolation prize," she said. "If you're going to put up with my family for the evening, you deserve a reward."
I considered this as I searched the cupboard for a vase. Of course, her family would be there. I'd been so obsessed with the idea that we were about to make our relationship public in a big way that I hadn't really thought about meeting her entire family.
Jade moved behind me, gripping my hips. "Don't think about them."
"That's easier said than done," I whispered. "I barely know what's going on between us and now I'm going to meet your family."
"It's not a big deal. Just remember that if they're jerks it's because of me and not you," she reassured me. But as she spoke, her grip on me tightened.
"That doesn't really make me feel better." They were going to judge me.
"Don't think about it my love," she softly said, pulling me against her. "Right now, I want you to think about what I'm going to do to you in that dress."
Despite my anxiety, this brought a smile to my lips. "I don't know how I'm supposed to concentrate with you looking like that."

"She does look fantastic, doesn't she?" Jesy flitted back into the kitchen. She didn't bat an eyelash to find us pressed close together even though she had to have heard what Jade said to me.
Jade murmured her agreement, and Jesy swept past us. She reached to the highest shelf and retrieved a vase. News that her family was going to be there tonight had distracted me from my search. "Here. Oh wait!"
Jesy whirled around and grabbed a pair of scissors from a nearby drawer.
"Sorry!" She clipped a rose from its stem. It was in full bloom, its petals spread into velvet leaves. Jesy tucked the beautiful blossom into the loosely pinned hair above my ear.
"Perfect," Jade said with approval. Lust glinted in her eyes, and it made my knees weak.
"I need to go. My fiancé will be downstairs." Jesy air-kissed my cheek. "See you there!"
I breathed a sigh of relief and waved her off. Of course, I would have Jesy there, and no matter what happened she would have my back. While I hoped I didn't need an escape plan, if I did, I couldn't do better than Jesy.
"Shall we?" Jade crooked her arm, and I took it. "If we don't get going, I'm going to spread you across the kitchen counter."
Yes, please. I bit my lip in attempt to cover my excitement.
Jade groaned, her eyes flashing darkly, and shook her head. "Let's get to the car before we miss the party, Miss Edwards."

"Lead the way your highness."

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys

I'm sorry I know you's were probably expecting me to write this chapter about the ball but I decided not to but I still hope you like it because I know it's boring but I've been out all day and I just got home from the movies and I'm so tired and don't have enough energy to write more.

But anyway I saw batman vs superman and it was so awesome! Has anyone else seen it?

Thank you guys for reading!

See you next update