"Oooh, shadowhunters" the vampire says "Scary." He then disappears into the crowd with wink.

"Vampires are such prima donnas" Magnus sighs from the doorway. "Honestly i don't know why i have these parties."

"Because of your cat." Clary reminds him.

Magnus perked up. "That's true. Chairman Meow deserves my every effort." He says before glancing over at us all gathering behind clary. "You on your way out?"

Jace nods. "Don't want to overstay our welcome."

"What welcome?" Magnus asks. "I'd say it was a pleasure to meet you, but it wasn't. Not that you aren't all fairly charming, as as for you—" Mangus says throwing a wink at Alec. "Call me?"

Alec went bright red and began to stutter. I couldn't stop myself from laughing. Finally Jace decided he'd embarrassed himself enough and hauled Alec out the door. We followed them but Magnus stopped clary clearly intending to have a private word with her.

▹▹▹

We all waited outside for clary, i leaned against the stairway railing with jace watching on as the vampire stalked around their broken motorcycles. Jace face held a faint smile and an amused look in his eyes. Alec and Isabelle were off having an argument over Izzy's overwhelming distress towards Simon growing a tail before her eyes.

Finally clary remerged and Jace quickly joined her while I trailed behind them. Clary was not so subtly listening in on the sibling drama in front of her while Jace had his head to the ground lost in thought. Suddenly clary started searching through her backpack frantically.

"What's wrong, Clary?" Jace asked.

"He's gone." She whispered back. "Simon. He was in my backpack—"

"Did he climb out?" Jace added in cutting her off.

"Of course he didn't!" She screamed back at him. "What, you think he wants to get smashed under someone's car, killed by a cat—"

"Clary—" I attempt to say.

"Shut up!" She screamed swinging her backpack towards Jace. "You were the one who said not to bother changing him back—"

Jace caught hold of the pack as she swung it around. He quickly examined it while I stood back not wanting to get involved in whatever kind of drama this was becoming. I then moved closer to take the back out of jace's hands and get a look at it myself.

"The zipper's torn," I explain. "From the outside. Someone ripped the bag open."

Clary shook her head numbly. "I didn't..." she whispered out.

Jace gave her a sympathetic look before cupping his hands around his mouth. "Alec! Isabelle! You go on ahead! We'll catch up."

They both paused and Alec hesitated at the idea but Isabelle caught hold of his arm dragging him toward the subway entrance. "You can go with them if you want Anna"

Those were the first words Jace had said to me since clary found Simon. I look into his eyes trying my best to figure out if he wanted me to stay or he wanted to be alone with clary and this was the subtlest way he could think of to do it.

"They'll be fine, besides an extra shadowhunter wouldn't be such a bad idea." I reply. "You never know with downworlders."

"True true." He replied avoiding my eyes and turning to guide clary back towards Magnus's loft.

When we made it back I quickly excused myself saying I preferred to just wait outside. In all honestly I just needed time to think. I just couldn't understand why Jace's newly discovered unwavering devotion to the Clarissa Fray Foundation bothered me so much. Shouldn't I be happy for him, happy that he finally cared for someone other than himself. I admit Clary was slightly problematic but helping her was the right thing to do.

My thought train is knocked off the rails by the sound of the door to Magnus's loft opening up again. There they stood door swinging shut behind them. They looked so right together and the sight made my heart ache.

"So what happened to RatBoy?" I ask as they make their way over to me.

"Simon." Clary corrects me bitterly.

"Whatever." I say letting my anger destroy any care i had left for the mundane.

"Vampires took him." Jace reply eyes searching mine curious about my mood swing.

"Great so let's go home." I say going to turn around.

"Were going to a church down on diamond street." Jace says before clary gets the chance to lash out on me again.

"Jace no" I say annoyed.

"Jace yes." He replied smugly.

"He's not our friend. If anyone should have to risk their life for that mundane it should be her and her alone." I say back.

"Annalina" He whispers, clearly realising i was being serious.

"Don't act like you doing this from the goodness of you heart Jace, we all know you don't have one. Your just doing this for her" I spit out beyond fuming.

"Anna please just help me with this." Jace begs completely clueless on how to deal with me right now.

"Fine only because i'd more than enjoy ganking some bloodsuckers right now." I spit out. "But i swear to god if anyone of us gets hurt for her or that mundane i will make sure the lot of you never step foot in our home ever again."

▹▹▹

A/n: i'm not quite sure how i feel about this chapter especially the end. I kinda don't know how to write jace being anything but sarcastic and arrogant whoops like how does he emotions does even emotion i do not know. Anywho it will have to do any got enough motivation to rewrite it

🎙 OVER AND OUT 🎙