Chapter 2

I picked up my orange notebook and wrote down my dream. Every night I had the same but different dreams. All about me. But I'm not me. I'm this thing called a Time Lady the last of my kind. My name is Violet. I know it's not true. I'm human. I know for a fact. I looked at my clock to see I'm up 20 minuets earlier then I needed to be. I sighed and pulled off my pink and grey quilt. I sat up and looked at my empty room. We just moved in. It was me, Lela, and Jack. I despised Jack. He was Lee's boyfriend. He was a jerk. I really didn't like him. But I need a place to live and Lee provided me with a place. I put up with Jack. The only upside is today is my 21st birthday! I was excited to go see downtown Pittsburgh with Lee. Hopefully no Jack. I smiled to myself and rolled onto the floor. My mattress was on the floor and boxes were everywhere. I crawled over to where all my clothes were. I pulled out my jeans and a tank top. I also grabbed my army green jacket and black converse high tops. I stood up and went into my bathroom. I hated this room. It was a bright yellow and white. It was ugly and I hated it. I rolled my eyes to myself and started the shower.

~

I got dressed and ready. I had my black hair in a pony tail. All that was left was my makeup. I shut the mirror and stared blankly at myself in the mirror. I had a normal face. All except my eyes. My left eye is a purple and my other eye is a green. I have learned to love it. I pulled out my liners and such and put it on. I was about ready to head off to work. I was walking out of my room until I realised I had forgotton something important. My golden pocket watch necklace. I ran back in and grabbed it from the floor next to my bed. I slipped it on the headed on my way. I made it to work by 8:00. I worked at the mall in the office. I was an intern thing. It was easy work so whatever.

The day had been a pretty slow one. I was on my way home excited for my night out with Lee! I was walking down the street with my headphones in. It was about 7:30 and the street was clear. Until a man in a brown trench coat had come walking down the street. He had a blond girl with him also. They seemed like a couple. They smiled as I walked past them. Until the man seemed to notice my necklace. He stopped dead in his tracks.

"Wait! Excuse me! I need help with something!" H e called after me. I just ignored him and kept walking. What if he killed me or something? I continued walking until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Excuse me?" I snapped turning and looking at him. His smile faded.

"Um, sorry I just had a question." he said in a British accent. Oh, great a brit my weakness!

"Oh, sorry. What is it then?" I said relaxing alot more upon hearing his voice.

"Your watch, necklace, thing." He said pointing to it.

"Yeah, what about it?" I tensed up a little.

"Where did you get it?"

"I.....I....I don't remember!" I said getting frustrated.

"Okay thank you.... what's your name?" He asked furrowing his brows.

"Ivy, Ivy Grime." I replied shyly.

"Wonderful name Ivy! I'm the Doctor by the way!" He said with a big smile.

"The Doctor? Doctor who?" I asked rasing a brow. He just smiled and started walking away. "Wait! I'm not done mister!" I called after him.

"You'll see me again I promise!" he called back. What was that all about?