Chapter 24 - Does she know that my destiny lies with her?

Start from the beginning

“Oh, shut up.” I laughed, tousling his hair and grinning over at him. “It was a very touching movie, okay? It was beautifully sad and you have to be absolutely heartless if you don’t cry.”

“Do you forgive me?” He blurted quietly, staring down at his spoon which was resting on the side of the empty glass bowl.

Without him having to fully explain, I already knew what he was talking about. I heaved a sigh before making an effort to speak. “I had nothing to be mad at you over. You did nothing; you were in love. I was the one being stupid, refusing to admit I was in love with her. You should be the one forgiving me for being so stupid.”

He looked over at me and smiled a genuine smile that reached his ocean blue eyes that were like my own. “I forgive you, Rex, for being the idiot you are.” He laughed like he used to back before we came here, before Linx, before his ex and that’s when I knew he was truly happy again.

“You two are like an old married couple who haven’t seen each other in twenty years or something.” A familiar girly voice giggled from behind us and both of us turned to look at the very girl who I couldn’t get my mind off, even if I tried. I extended my arms out to hold her and she smiled, quickly getting encased in my arms happily. “Morning, you two.”

“Morning, gorgeous.” I smiled at her, placing a gentle kiss on her rosy cheek and holding her close to me. Her smile didn’t fade in the slightest and she snuggled closer to me. “You know what?” I asked, causing her daring green eyes to look over at me in excitement. “How about I take you out today and we have a little date?”

Her relaxed smiled turned into a grin in an instant and she nodded quickly. “That sounds perfect.” She chimed, pecking me lightly on the lips before reluctantly peeling away from me. “Well, I should probably go get ready then.” She waved to the two of us before skipping off back upstairs with a huge grin never leaving her face.

“God, she’s so beautiful.” I breathed out, looking at where she once was and smiling.

“And you’re such a lovesick puppy.” Oliver laughed from beside me, returning his attention to his bowl of cereal.

“Yeah, I know.”

*~*

“You’ve changed me a lot, Linx, definitely for the better.” I whispered, glancing over at her a moment before returning my gaze to the twinkling stars above us.

“Really?” She asked softly, her small hand trailing over the shiny black paint of my car that we were sitting on. I nodded, taking her hand in mine and intertwining our fingers together. “How did I change you?” Her vibrant orbs looked over at me with an amused smiled on her full, pouty lips.

“Well, my Little Miss,” I chuckled, kissing her nose softly. “Back home, I wasn’t the same guy I am now.” I admitted, shaking my head and meeting her sparkling eyes. “I suppose, I was much more wild back then. I loved to drink and party as hard as I could. I didn’t care about school or what people thought of me. I lived for the thrill and buzz, nothing more. I really had no purpose, no future plans, no hopes or dreams. Absolutely nothing.”

I felt her thumb rub my hand comfortingly before she clasped my calloused hand with both of her smaller hands. I took a deep breath and smiled weakly over at her before continuing with my story.

“I got in trouble constantly, mostly because I did nothing. The only reason I even went to school was to find out where the next party was going to be.” I lifted her hands and kissed them both softly, causing her to smile. “I didn’t know who I was. Hell, the only thing I really knew about myself was that I loved to drink and party all the time.” I paused and looked at her. “I never told you why I ended up here, have I?” She shook her head, chewing at her lip as I looked back to the sky. “I went to rehab just before I came here.” I heard her let out a breathy gasp, but I continued. “Because once I got so wasted, I did some cocaine and woke up naked in my mother’s fridge.”

I could see her struggling to keep in a laugh out of the corner of my eye. I smiled and laughed anyway. She looked at me with shock on her face for a moment before finally releasing those giggles she was desperately trying to hold in. When we had both quieted down and started staring at the stars, I decided to speak up again.

“To put it simply, my parents had enough of my shit. And not soon after the whole cocaine fiasco, that event with Oli’s ex happened. I’m sure you’ve heard about it.” I looked over at her, getting confirmation when she nodded sadly. “So with both of their kids fucking up, they sent us here in hopes that getting us away from the people we once knew would change us. I mean, it did eventually, but definitely not at first as you can tell.”

Her gaze moved over to me and she smiled brightly, still clasping my hand in hers. “Thank you for telling me all that, Rex.” She said softly, playing with my fingers gently. “It really means a lot to me, really.”

“I don’t want any secrets between us anymore. Secrets get us in trouble.” I responded, lying back on the windshield of the car. She joined me and snuggled close.  I wrapped my arm around her and kissed her forehead softly. “You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me and I’m not planning on ruining that, ever.”

------------------Author's Note---------------

I know that is actually pretty short, but I don't care, I love it. I love this chapter so much it's ridiculous.

I hope you like this, I know I did. I wanted to write one last chapter of Rex's Point of View before the end of this story. Can you BELIEVE it? There's only ONE chapter left. -tears up- Hold on a minute, I need to compose myself.

-30 Minutes Later-

Okay, I'm good now.

And don't worry, there's going to be TWO sequels for sure. I haven't decided if they're going to be written at the same time yet, though. They concern different people so I don't know.

IF YOU WANT THE NEXT CHAPTER WRITTEN ASAP, THEN VOTE LIKE CRAZY. GET YOUR FRIENDS TO VOTE, TELL YOUR FRIENDS. VOTE, COMMENT, AND FAN!

I love you, okay? Well, I should get going. I have to catch up on some other stories as well. So bye~! Have a beautiful day/night! :*

Love and Rex,

Onyx Rawrz Olivia <3