Signs - Chapter 9 (cont.)

Start from the beginning

I pulled up to my apartment building, the same apartment building Lanay lived in, turned my car off and walked inside. I'd been living here years before Lanay and her sisters- I wasn't that crazy. I pressed the 'up' elevator button and waited for it to open. When it did open, I was glad no one was on it.. I had to hurry up and call Jamia. I pressed the '2' button for the second floor and pulled my phone out to call her.

Ring ring ring... the line was ringing but she wasn't answering soon enough. I'd just text her.

Jamia, she saw me I sent. I knew for a fact she was going to be heated, but we needed to come up with another plan. The elevator doors opened and I speed walked to my apartment while digging my keys out of my pocket, opening the door to my apartment.

My phone started flashing indicating I had a message and it was Jamia: I'm on my way she sent. I blew out a long sigh and I took my sunglasses off. I just hoped Jamia wouldn't flip out when she found out what really went down.

"How the fuck did they see you?" Jamia asked pacing the floor once I let her in. She came over ten minutes later after she texted me that she was coming. She didn't even greet me at the door, all she gave me was a mean mug and walked past me. She threw her bag down and ran her hands through her hair in anger. She came in grey sweatpants and a hoodie, a black leather jacket, and black slippers as if she was in a rush. 

"Well, you told me to get closer to her, so I did. I followed her to work and I was watching her. She came out looking around the parking lot, but I thought I was in a good place since I was like 20 feet across the lot. But as soon as she got in the car, she looked directly in front of her at my car and she saw me. I had to speed off just in case she got any ideas." I said flopping down on the couch, sighing. I was nervous to tell her how her and her friends almost jumped me. It may have been best to keep that to myself.

"Well then, we good. She couldn't of got a good glimpse if you sped off. Plus I know her eyesight is a little bad." She said. Jamia knew a lot of information about Lanay. It was a little strange, but they were cousins after all. I let the thought pass and continued talking to her about what we would do next. Based on how ready she and her friends looked, I knew I had to tread lightly.

 "Well, maybe I should sit further away from her in class so she wouldn't suspect anything else." I said pulling out my notepad. She nodded in agreement as I told her my ideas and suggestions. She kept looking at her phone for the time but I continued talking to her and taking note of everything I was saying in my phone.

"Okay, all that sounds good but I have to go to a dinner at my auntie and uncle's house." She said getting up and walking to the door.

"Alright, we'll finish the conversation later then." I said walking to the door. She nodded and left looking around to make sure no one seen her. I blew a sigh of relief and went to take a shower.

 After my shower, I called Breanna to give her a little intel on the new plans. As soon as she answered, I told her everything I was suggesting to Jamia and she was liking the ideas.

" I took it upon myself to do something, just to shake her up a bit." Breanna said. I rolled my eyes, not really caring about what she had to say. In reality, I didn't like Breanna, but she was the closest thing to Cash and Jamia needed her. I didn't understand how Jamia could even be around her for more than a hour without punching her in the mouth, but I listened to her and dealt with her for the sake of the 'mission'. She was so naïve.

I was picking with my nails and listening to bits and pieces of what she was saying but I fully listened to her when I heard her say, "I already called her, threatening her.." My eyes widened and I finally realized why Lanay came out looking so paranoid. Breanna was really fucking up the plans, I snapped on her.

"Breanna, why the fuck would you do some dumb shit like that?! You really fuckin' er'thing up!" I yelled. She was silent for a little bit and I calmed down. I took a deep breath, "Did you use a voice diguiser?". She really couldn't be stupid enough to use her real voice.

"Um.." she started and I cut her off.

"You really a dumb ass bitch, you know that? How the fuck you sendin' out threats and you don't even try to disguise your voice?" I asked and she started to talk but I stopped her. "It was rhetorical." I said dryly.

"Look Journey, I'm sorry but I didn't know. I was mad, I wasn't thinking-"

"That's right, you don't fuckin' think! This is why you don't take matters into your own hands. We asked you to get some intell on Cash, not call her and threaten her. Especially without a damn voice disguiser!" I yelled throwing my free hand up in frustration.

"My bad, damn!" she said with an attitude.

I pulled the phone away from my ear and looked at the phone like it was crazy, knowing damn well she was crazy. "Bitch what the fuck you got an attitude for?" I asked her calmly but with base in my voice. She got quiet and I could tell she was rolling her eyes. "Don't roll ya fuckin eyes Breanna, real shit. You making me mad as hell." I said sitting down on my couch rubbing my temples.

"I'm pretty sure Lanay won't suspect anything with her dumb ass. She don't even know I'm still fuckin' Cash." she said sounding proud. Lyin' ass bitch know damn well Cash don't want her nasty ass nomore. He been done with her and he put all his attention to their daughter and his business.

"Bitch you know Cash don't want ya' sloppy ass nomore! He been done wit'chu, get a fuckin' grip." I said. She sucked her teeth, "Whatever."

"Bye Breanna." I said hanging up the phone. I didn't have time to hear her bullshit.

I was getting ready for my hair appointment to get my hair cut short and dyed black and to go see my man at the hospital. I couldn't see him sooner because I was in Arizona with my family for a family reunion but I returned 2 days ago. At first I didn't wanna see him in his condition and I focused on other things, as in the 'Lanay Mission', but I missed him too much.

After my shower, I put on a yellow polo shirt, denim skinny jeans, and yellow toms. I grabbed my keys and wallet, heading out of the door in a hurry.

After I came from the hair shop with my fresh cut and dye, I drove to buy some McDonalds and then to the hospital. I parked in the parking lot and walked into the hospital lobby. I walked to the front desk and greeted the old white lady.

"Hi," I said. "I'm here to see Lamar Robinson." I said with a smile. She nodded and gave me a slip with his room number and directed me on how to get there. "Room 24, okay thank you." I said walking away.

Once I made my way to his room, I took a deep breath and walked in seeing him watching ESPN on the hospital TV. He didn't notice I was in there until spoke.

"Hey baby." I said smiling dangling the bag of McDonalds. He looked over at me and smiled faintly. I walked over to him and kissed him handing him his bag. He looked so handsome and well taken care of, I couldn't help but smile.

We've been together for about 6 months and it was great so far. I've met his parents but I haven't met his sister yet. He talked about her all the time, so I knew they're really close. I just couldn't wait to meet her.

VOTE

FAN

SHARE

COMMENT

-Chrisara.