Picking Up The Pieces

Start from the beginning

He whispered something in her ear that I didn't hear but that didn't stop me.

I ripped Harry off of her and hit him over the head.

Not too hard, but enough to knock him out.

It was all I could do to stop him. If I had tried to wrestle him, he would've out muscled me.

This way, I could get Jen out of here safely.

When I leapt over to Jen, her eyes were fluttering closed.

"Are you ok?" I asked before her eyes rolled back into her head and she passed out.

I quickly surveyed Jen.

She seemed fine except for a few bruises I'm guessing Harry caused.

I had to get her out of here before Harry woke up so I scooped up her limp body and carried her out to my truck.

I gently placed her in the passengers seat and buckled her up before jogging around to the drivers side.

I got in swiftly and started it up.

The drive back to Brianna's was eerily quiet, and outside the stars shone brightly.

When I was parked, I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in.

I walked slowly over to Jen's side of the truck and scooped her up once again.

I carried her inside quietly, trying not to wake Brianna who I thought was sleeping.

But she wasn't.

"Oh my god! Niall! What happened to Jen?" She shrieked.

"Shhh."I tried to calm her, while putting Jen down on the sofa. "Harry got a little too drunk, but she's ok now."

Bri raced to her side. "Oh Jen." She whispered while rubbing Jen's cheek softly with her thumb. "I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault Bri. She's going to be ok. She just needs some rest. Can you go grab some extra blankets for her?" I asked, trying to distract my now crying girlfriend.

She nodded before hurrying away.

She soon reappeared with an armful of blankets and pillows and the two of us got Jen nice and cozy.

When she was tucked in, we stepped back to look at her.

"She has been through so much, and now she has to deal with this." Brianna whispered, while wiping away a tear.

I slowly interlaced our fingers. "Everything's going to be fine."

Jen's POV

"Jen, Jen, are you alright?" I heard faintly as I felt myself come into consciousness.

"Yeah, why?" I murmured sleepily while fluttering my eyes open.

"You were screaming in your sleep, I thought something was wrong." The voice spoke once again.

All of a sudden the world went black again.

When I could see again, flashbacks from the previous night filled my head.

"Shh, baby, I'll take care of you." A voice rumbled, making my skin crawl.

Who said that? I don't remember.

Then, my father flashed into view.

"Come back here, b*tch. Just give me what I want and I'll leave you alone!" He thundered.

Then, he disappeared.

This time, Harry flashed before me.

His eyes filled with lust once again and I turned around, preparing to run.