12

It's been weeks since Ben found out about my miscarriage, and he's been avoiding me ever since. I've tried to talk to him, but Nori said I should give him some time.

Even though I lost a friend, I gained one with Hailey. She's so nice, sweet, and just what I need to keep me sane. I haven't told her about what's been going on, but she still encourages me, and tells me everything is gonna get better. She even has me going to church with her.

I was sitting outside on a bench when Ben and Tone ran up to me. 

"Why are y'all running? Do I need to run too because I will take these shoes off and be on my way," I said while standing up. 

Ben gave me a look before looking back at Antonio. "This knuckle head told me that you were hurt, so I ran all the way over here from the cafeteria," Ben said while trying to catch his breath. 

"Um, I'm not hurt."

 Antonio stepped forward and said, "Star, you are hurt. Not physically, but emotionally. You two need to talk and get some things out." 

He walked away leaving me and Ben to talk. "Look Ben, I'm sorry. I should have told you about the baby when I found out that I was pregnant. I was still hurting from our break up and I didn't wanna talk to you right then. Do you forgive me?" 

He pulled me into a hug and said, "Of course I forgive you, Star."

I was about to say something when this snotty, light skinned girl came up to us. The same girl that was dancing on Ben at that party a few weeks ago. 

"Babe what's wrong? You ran out of the cafeteria before I could tell you my good news." She stopped talking once she noticed that I was standing there. 

"Hello, I'm Natalie, Ben's girlfriend," she said while hugging up on him. 

"I'm Star, Ben's friend," I said while smiling.

She looked me up and down and said, "Wow you're beautiful. Have you ever thought about modeling? You would go all over the world and travel a lot." She's just trying to get me out of the country, so I won't be around Ben.

I shook my head and said, "No, I'm not interested in being a model. I'm a hairstylist, but I moved from Florida so I could get a business degree." 

She thought for a moment and said, "There are so many great schools in Florida, so why did you come here? Are you one of the groupies that came here to try and get with Ben."

I laughed in her face and said, "Sweet heart, I came here because LSU has an outstanding business program, and I got a partial scholarship." I smirked and looked at Ben. "Me and Ben used to date before I moved here. I'm not one of these groupies and I'm not the one to be tried, so go on about your business before I drag you around this campus."

Ben stepped between us and said, "Woah ladies chill out. I want my girlfriend and my female best friend to get along." 

Natalie scoffed and said, "I don't want you around her, Ben. She's probably going to try and take you away from me." 

I rolled my eyes at how dramatic and annoying she is. Where did he find her? "No body can take what's yours. If I can take him, then he doesn't belong to you."

I left Ben and Natalie standing there looking dumb. I was about to go off, so I left before I did anything rash and impulsive. When I got to my dorm, I told Hailey about my situation and she was ready to fight for me. 

"Where is she? Let me get my wish a bitch would bag," she said while going to the closet.

She came back with a small bag that had a stocking cap, a jump rope, a straight razor, and a jar of Vaseline. "Hailey it's okay, you don't have to do that. I thought you were sweet and innocent," I said while cracking up. 

She shrugged and said, "Sometimes you just have to cut a hoe." Lord help me.

An hour later, Hailey left because she had class. I was bored, so I picked up my phone and dialed a random number. 

"Star? Why are you calling me?" Ben said. I mentally slapped myself. 

"I didn't mean to call you, Ben. I don't want you to get in trouble with your little girlfriend," I said while rolling my eyes.

Ben sucked his teeth before saying, "I'm coming over so we can talk about what happened." 

Before I could say anything, he hung up on me with his rude ass. I was going to leave before he came, but when I opened the door, he was standing there with his eyebrow raised.

"I'm sorry about how Natalie talked to you back there. She can be a bit possessive, but that doesn't mean that you can talk to her any kind of way. You better check yourself, purple minion, " Ben said while sitting on my bed.

"See you've got me bent if you think I'm gonna let your girlfriend talk to me like a child. I think I handled the situation pretty well, because I could've popped her rat ass in the mouth. And I don't take orders from you, so you can miss me with that," I said while opening the door.

I pointed at it, and he stood up, but he closed it back. He picked me up and slammed me on the bed while kissing my lips and biting on my neck.

 He stopped and said, "Remember, I wear the pants baby girl. I'm always in charge, so that means you will take orders from me. You got that?" I nodded my head, bit my lip, and allowed him to have his way.