11

I was sitting in the library typing a paper for my English professor. I'm telling y'all, college is no joke. The work is challenging, but I do my best to stay on top of things. I was getting distracted from thinking about what happened during the summer. I finished my paragraph before leaving to call Nori.

I made sure I was alone before telling Nori what had been bothering me. "Why didn't you tell me sooner, Star? Are you ok? How does Ben feel about this?" she asked. I sighed and said "I feel horrible about what happened."

"But what did Ben say about it?" she asked again.

 "Huh?" I said stalling.

 "Does he even know?" she said while sucking her teeth. I fought the tears and whispered a no. 

"He has the right to know, Star. He's gonna be upset  if he finds out later on or from someone else."

I knew she was right, but I just don't know how to tell Ben my secret. We're on good terms right now, and telling him will make him furious. I'm stuck and I really need help with this one.

I wrapped things up once I heard a knock at the door. I opened it to see Ben standing there with a goofy look on his face. 

"Nori texted me saying you had something to tell me," he said while sitting on my bed.

"I know what you wanna tell me," he said with a smirk. "You want me back. Don't worry baby, I want you too. This time around, I'm not going to mess up." He jumped up and kissed me. I broke the kiss and got a picture. 

He looked at me and said, "Why are you showing me an ultrasound, Star? Are you pregnant?" I stopped him before he could get too excited.

"I was pregnant," I said quickly. 

He backed up and shook his head. "Wayment hold up Star, what do you mean by was? Don't tell me you aborted my child because if you did, I'll never forgive you." I got scared and started stuttering. "I-I-I lost t-the baby."

Ben sat back down and put his head in his hands. "Why didn't you tell me about this when it happened?" he asked with tears in his eyes. 

"I needed time, Ben and I didn't know how to just come out and say it."

He stood up and started shouting. "I could have comforted you and been there for you, Star! I know that we had broken up, but you know you can tell me anything at anytime. I'm hurt knowing that you miscarried, but I'm really upset because you didn't think you could tell me about it. It was my child too dammit." He got up and stormed out of the room, leaving me to take in his words.