epilogue

zmitch99:
Zach felt sick as he rummaged through his bag. It was in there, it had to be. He threw his clothes aside until his fingers rested on the small circular object. It was cold and metallic, the ring, and he brought it closer to his face to examine it. There was a diamond crested in its core, and two small pearls clung to the outside. On the bottom of the jewels, the metal was engraved with two letters: K and Z.

Zach frowned as he stared at the ring. He imagined what it would look like on her finger; how it would advertise the constant reminder that she had someone to come home to. People would no longer see her and want her to be theirs if they knew she was someone else's.

With a sigh, Zach placed the ring back into the front zip of his backpack. Looking back at it, he could see the indent of the object in the cloth of the bag. He placed his fingers over the ring, ran his thumb over it, and left the room.

-
domidick41:
Dominic Dooley was cleaning his room for the first time in years. His mother, Leanne Dooley, was cheering happily from the other side of the locked door. Dominic flipped her off through the wood.

Rolling his eyes, he sifted through the bags of Doritos and clean(or..dirty?) clothes that were strewn across the floor. His ivory sheets had been tossed weeks ago; Dominic had recently calculated that sleeping on his bare mattress was cooler on those summer nights.

Dominic paused once he found something that looked like a pen on the ground. Gulping, he slowly picked it up, chuckling after realizing that it was merely Gary's vape pen.

Dominic giggled for a few minutes until he saw an envelope on his nightstand. Well, several envelopes. He carefully sorted through the bunch: junk, junk, Zumiez catalog that he would maybe look at once, junk..Wait. Dominic paused on the last envelope.

UCLA: To the Parents of Dominic Dooley.

Dominic's eye twitched as he corrected the printing in his mind — parent, since he only had one.

Dominic was a senior, likewise to Gary and Micah. It sometimes seemed incredibly strange that Gary was a senior, and also older than Micah and Dom both.

He read on, feeling almost guilty rather than excited that he had been accepted. If he was attending this trip, what would happen if something terrible occurred?

What if he died?

-
micahatesalad:
Micah faced his brother, Devon. Devon was instructing Micah on some "trick" to weight-lifting, but Micah wasn't listening. Inside, he despised wrestling. The coach was rude and unhelpful, and Micah hated to run laps in that damned school gym while everyone else got to enjoy the summer warmth.

Micah sat down on the bench and pushed one earbud into his ear. Recently, he had listened to a song on soundcloud called "I Should do More Things Like This," posted by Verzache's Second Account. Micah had laughed at the names at first, but after a listen, he agreed with the artist's name choice.

Yawning, he reached for his phone, but then saw Devon glaring at him. In Devon's hand was Micah's phone.

"You're slacking kid. If you want to be a wrestler—"

"—I don't want to be a wrestler!" barked Micah. He ripped the phone from Devon's hand, or at least tried to. Devon stared down at the screen, reading a message.

"You're wasting all of dad's money, then. And what's this? You're going to Jurassic World? Wasn't that place closed down?" Devon demanded. Micah felt dizzy. He was hoping to leave without his family's consent, but with Devon constantly prodding him and his Dad ordering workouts every minute, Micah sought it to be almost impossible.