||28|| The Rainy Wait

Comincia dall'inizio

"We were trying to avoid her," Laksh explained him hotly.

"Is that why you wanted me to take the offer?" Sanskaar asked confused at our bipolar behaviour.

"The plan was for you to say YES so she could be here after the event. Not for you to discuss the deal  tomorrow," I cleared his doubts with frustration.

"Laksh cool down, you need to act cool if you want the deal, never show desperation to the client," Sanskaar stated with shrug as he sat back down and glanced back at his screen.

"But this is not a deal, this is my life," Laksh whined back with irritation.

"Stop making such a huge deal about it, everything will be fine," Sanskaar casually stated with a small chuckle at Laksh's frowned childish face.

"Fine, totally if she yells at me or snaps at me I will tell her SORRY, LINE NOT AVAILABLE, PLEASE CONTACT SANSKAAR FOR MORE INFORMATION," Laksh snapped with patronising anger filling him. 

"Doesn't sound like a bad idea," Sanskaar mocked at them casually, without understanding what the crisis was.

"SANSKAAR," we both yelled at him which made him look at us and thrown a frown at our tantrum.

"Okay, okay, I will talk to her and explain her," Sanskaar said finally giving into our talks.

"She is Ragini, not Swara who you can impress with your charm," Laksh replied with an irked expression on his face.

"Lucky," Sanskaar said in a low, warning tone.

"Did I say anything wrong? I don't think so, you both are the most weird people I have ever met. You like each other but don't want to admit because of your ego. After 2 years of going through pain, you finally met your first love and instead of confessing it and finishing what was left, you decided to continue the hatred between you, how smart," Laksh sarcastically said which made both of us stare at each other, examining all his words.

I dazed at Sanskaar who was staring at me with the same blank, dull eyes as mine. I gulped in all the saliva available in my mouth which made my mouth dry with words failing to escape.

"Look, there is nothing like that, we have nothing like that between us," Sanskaar shortly spat which made a part of me cringe in pain with his words.

Wait...why was I feeling bad again? I don't have any feelings except hate for him right?

"Anything you say," Laksh sarcastically jeered and threw his arms up in the air with defeat.

He looked at me, expecting me to say something but the only thing I could give him was a tight, hesitant smile. He frowned at me and left the place silently.  Awkward silence filled the air, as the clouds from outside rambled loudly, flinching us from both of our memories. 

"Is he right?...are we in love?" Sanskaar bluntly blurted out with  dark, worried expression and tensed eyes. My  stomach went taut, and my heart began to gallop when the words hit my brain, love?

I was taken aback as hell, did he just say that? I stared at him with a black face, blinking many times to comprehend his words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SANSKAAR'S POV

"Is he right?...are we in love?" I bluntly blurted out without much thinking with a tense voice.

I glanced at Swara who shivered when she heard me, her body stiffened and her face leeched out all the blood from her face. She kept staring at me with a black face and widened eyes which were on the edge of the coming out of their sockets.