I nodded yes, then closed my eyes and pictured a large tub of it in front of me.

“I would have the biggest tub I could get, and a huge spoon. I could imagine the spoon slicing through the Ice cream like a hot knife through butter, then I would raise the spoon to my mouth and savour the fruity, creamy taste as it melted slowly in my mouth.”

I heard Kade groan, and opened my eyes quickly, not realising that I had just said all this out loud.

A look of longing was spread across his face.

“Damn Ruby, you do know how to turn a guy on,” he whispered hungrily. “I think I need a cold shower now.”

I giggled girlishly, his longing evident by the hardness in his trousers.

“And what would you have?” I asked suggestively, waiting for his response.

“Hmmm, now that's a tough one. I think I would have...........A huge plate of Steak, egg and chips.”

Bang, the moment was gone.

I sat smiling at him then erupted into a fit of giggles.

“What?............ what did I say?” he said, a look of amusement splayed across his face.

“oh I'm sure you will figure that one out yourself,” I laughed, pulling up his trouser leg and checking his bandage. Apart from a dried stain where the blood had seeped through, the bandage was secure.

Kade sat with a frown across his brow. “All I said was steak, egg..........ahh,” Kade looked at me with a twinkle in his eyes. “There's you being suggestive and all..........” Kade laughed.

“Sorry Babe, but what I wouldn't do for a large steak right now.........” He trailed off, and sighed.

“Yeah I know what you mean.”

And I did, I was so hungry, I think even raw snake could tempt me now.

We sat silently, both in deep thought, until a loud crashing sound came heading towards us.

“What the hell?” I yelped in fright.

We got to our feet, Kade grabbing me into his arms as he backed us into a tree. My heart began to race, my eyes flitting across the jungle, trying to see what was coming at us. “Please no more pirates,” I whispered in my head, my body beginning to shake at the thought. There was no way we could handle any more pirates just now, as we were too weak.

I screamed, my legs almost giving way as something big and black came running into the clearing where we stood.

“W....what is it?” I asked in a whisper. Even though my subconscious knew, I still had to ask the question.

“It's a pig...........well a boar, going by the large teeth it has,” Kade replied, his voice filled with surprise. They can be very dangerous,” He whispered. “So no sudden movements, okay?”

I nodded a yes, and tried to contain my breathing, which was coming out in ragged gasps.

“What else do we do?” my whisper shook with nervousness.

“We catch it, then eat it”

I gulped. How on earth were we going to catch it if it was dangerous, let alone kill it, then eat it. I shuddered at the thought.

Ruby's Island (Watty awards 2011) (complete)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें