Chapter 1 ~ I am leaving the Devil's home.

Was it a coincidence I ended up in a girls home? Nah, it was bound to happen anyway. I have no memories of my family or where I came from. As far as I know, I've spent my entire life in Avenia. Some people here go out of their way, to say that I look like Jaron Artolius Eckbert III, the lost Prince of Carthya. No, that wouldn't be right. I was average, dirty blonde hair, natural tan from the sun, and full lips with big eyes. I was even average height. The only thing that was actually special about me, was my eyes. They changed colours, every so often. People called this Kaleidoscope eyes. I'll tell you this, Living in a girls home sucks. You know, even if it isn't a school cliques are still real. There was the popular clique, the dork clique, the booknerd clique...I could go on forever. Just to summarize, I live under rotten circumstances. "Sarah!" Madam Mignonette voice echoed down the hall. I poked my head out and answered sweetly, "Yes Madam?" She stared at me with disgust. "Go clean the sick wing." I groaned. Nobody cleaned the sick wing unless they were asking for diseases. "Yes Mignonette." I sighed. "What did you say?" She yelled. "I mean, Madam." I got off of my bed and pulled my hair into two pigtails. Closing my book was the hardest I just got to a good part. Reading was the only thing that kept me from being jittery. Yes, I have ADHD. (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder) Not only that, Madam Mignonette treated me and the other girls like slaves. I trudged down the hall towards the sick wing. The closer I got, the more nastier the smell gets. Then, the smell hit me all at once. I gagged. How much grosser can this get? I asked myself. Slowly walking down the sick wing to the wash room, and pulled out the rolling bin. I walked by the beds, ripping out the nasty sheet and blankets. Some had vomit, others had blood. I gagged. As I finished the last beddings, the one nurse that we had helped the sick girl's onto their beds. The nurse nodded at me, and I left the hall. After washing my hands rather thoroughly, I walked out calmly until I heard a harsh rap on the door. I quickly duck behind a pillar wall, and listened intently. Madam Mignonette rushed to open the door. As the bright light of the day crept into the building, a beautiful auburn haired woman stepped in. Madam Mignonette curtsied. "Lady Demeratha." She muttered. The woman, Lady Demeratha smiled. "Hello Mignonette." Demeratha curtsied back. "You know what I am here for Mignonette." Madam Mignonette nodded. "You are to pick up Sarah and Claire right?" I froze. Even though there were many Sarah's and Claire's I had a instinct that this was my closest friend and me. "Yes dear." Demeratha quickly replied. Madam Mignonette curtsied again, and hurried up the stairs, no doubt heading to where I sleep and where Claire slept. I hurried up the stairs after her, when Demeratha was turned around looking at tapestries. Taking a slight shortcut that I found a year ago, I managed to slip in, and pretend I was reading before Madam Mignonette entered. There was no knocking. Mignonette just opened the door, and screeched. "Sarah, Claire, come with me. Now" I ignored her, and kept up my charade. Claire had obediently stood up and walked over to Madam Mignonette. Mignonette angered, marched up to me and slapped the book out of my hand. She grabbed my hair and pulled me off the bed. "I said follow me you nasty little orphan girl." She spat at me. I rolled my eyes and picked myself up. I slowly followed Mignonette out the door and down the stairs. When Lady Demeratha landed her eyes on me and Claire, she held her nose, and made a waving motion. "Why do these girls smell like dying pigs?" Demeratha asked. "They are nasty orphans. I don't know why you'd want these two. A skunk would be better behaved the Sarah." Mignonette gave me a disgusted look. Demeratha just shook her head. "I suppose. But they won't be nasty orphans for long. Soon, they will be successful young ladies, married to noblemen. This time there is a special twist." Demeratha flashed a smile. "If you come with me, I promise, you'll have an amazing future." I nodded. Anything to get me out of this devil's home. Madam Mignonette grunted. "Go ahead take them. Useless rats." She turned around and stalked off, without looking back. Lady Demeratha, turned around and walked out the door gracefully. I looked at Claire studying her expression. She turned towards me, and shrugged. "I guess..we are off to be young women?" I just tilted my head to the right, and nodded. "Yeah, I guess."

~~

Hello again! I made a new book! It is a fanfiction of one of my most favorite series in the whole entire world. I hope you enjoy this!

Credits go to Jennifer A. Nielsen. I do own Sarah, Claire and few other characters.

Good Luck Demigods,

Ashley Skylar Grace Daughter of Jupiter