Chapter 16- My Poor Old Friend.

This chapter is going to be extremely short so I apologize in advance!

Christine Destler

       I felt like my world was collapsing. I couldn't breathe. Meg walked in, confused by my state of being.

       "What's wrong?" She rushed over to me, taking the letter from my hands. I didn't resist.

         "Oh dear."

Meg Giry

        It was perfect. Everything was falling into plan. Christine completely believed that Erik betrayed her. Raoul couldn't have written a better letter.

        "My poor old friend," I sighed, hugging Christine tightly. I could feel her shaking. She tried her best to hide her sobs, but I could hear them very clearly.

         "Could you take the children for a walk? I just...need to be alone for a few minutes." She wiped her eyes, taking a deep breath.

          "Of course! Take all the time you need, okay?"

Christine Daae

           After Meg and Raoul left with the kids, I went down to the music room. I sat down at the piano and took out the pamphlet. Reluctantly, I began to read the letters.

      My Erik,
              The song you wrote for me still lingers in my mind.-

             He wrote a song for her? I continued reading.

             I miss you so much. If only you hadn't gotten yourself stuck in this situation-

                Situation? Was she referring to me and Gustave as a situation? I couldn't read any further. It hurt too much. It all did.

Sorry for the short chapter! I promise the others will be somewhat lengthy! Love you guys- Bella