Ch. 1 ↠ Late Again

Page 365 of 365

Nadine's P.O.V.

I struggle to get my eyelids open but I guess they refuse too. Eventually they open up slowly revealing the bright sun. On a Monday morning my balcony window right beside my bed seems brighter than usual. It's as if the sun is trying to shine bright so people could give attention to it. What I basically just told you, sums up everyone's life at my school, except they eventually try too hard and no one pays attention so they just give up.

It's Monday, I hate Mondays so much, which sadly reminds me I have to go to school today that I also like to call never ending hell. I rub my eyes with the heel of my palms that gets the morning tears out of my eyes. My hands slide down all the way down to my chin and I take a deep sigh and a long yawn. I lazily roll myself over to the other side of my bed which messes up my white bed sheets even though they already were.

I grab my iPhone on my nightstand to check what time it is, until I notice the brightness on the screen is so low, realizing it was because my phone has been up with me all night checking on instagram and twitter. Staring at my lock screen, it indicates that it's only 8:45 a.m. WAIT, 8:45 a.m?! Oh no, I live like 20 minutes away from school by car! Wow. Great job Nadine. Great job. Just great. Last time I was late and promised my teacher I wouldn't be late again, just so that I wouldn't have detention. But now here I am, going to be late for school, again.

Gosh Nadine, what's happening to you these days? I tend to talk to myself too much in my head, I better get ready before my body is on the Atlantic Ocean before I know it.

In order to live a life, I immediately get up from my bed faster than usual to get to school of course. I slip my feet into my furry white bunny slippers and yawn once more. I get teary-eyed whenever I yawn, is that suppose to happen? Is it just me? I read a theory online that it means that you miss your bed because literal tears are trying to come out of your eyes, it could be true, I guess? There you go again Nadine, going off topic.

I head towards the bathroom to wash my face, hopefully it will wake myself up a little bit. I grab a thin black hair tie from my wrist and gather all my hair together into one huge ponytail. I pray to God that my messy bun will aim that 'tumblr' look, I twist my ponytail on my head and tie it along with some bobby pins for support.

Feeling satisfied with my look, I wash my face along with my cleanser, and the water ends up drenching my clothing. But right now I don't feel like caring about anything at all so I just go with the flow.

After, I then I brush my teeth. Exiting the door, I walk over to my closet to find something to wear. You can't just show up with your 'I-just-woke-up-like-this' outfit. You should at least have a decent outfit before you show up at the principal's office just because you're late for the billionth time. Oh whatever, this is going to take forever. I grab a black tank top, black leggings and a grey looking slightly oversized sweater that says - hun•gry // the need for food.
It's probably my favourite sweater because that's basically my mood 24/7.

Once I had changed, I quickly pack my bag with all my essentials to survive school and gather all my homework into one huge pile and lay it in my arms.

While walking down the wooden stairs, I enter into the kitchen and my mind reminds me I shall get to school now, but my starving stomach says otherwise. Listening to my quietly growling tummy, I start to wonder about all the possible food to eat. Thinking of food, I walk over to the pantry and get the first thing I see - a granola bar. I shrug looking at it and open the box with only one granola bar left, who cares?  Opening the wrapper I think to bring it along with me on my way to school.

Getting to my new location - the front door, I find my car keys on one of the hooks attached to the wall and slip my feet into my Adidas Superstar. I open the doorknob and speed up my walking over to my white BMW and open the door with my keys to take a step inside. But before I actually start driving, I've gotta connect my iPhone to my car with bluetooth, I mean like, self explanatory, you just need music in your life. If there wasn't, I would be questioning my whole life why I'm still living. I jam into the new 1975 album that I just bought from iTunes. Now, let's start driving.

* * *

As I park my car, I open the door taking my bag and phone and step out. I breathe the fresh air of earth and take a satisfying sigh to assure me that I got this. I'm thinking my teacher will literally scream at me and make a big scene in front of the whole class. You see, being late is a big deal in our school, you can say I'm over exaggerating, but you'll see if you have the same English teacher as mine - Mrs. Sheely. The name says it all. Period.

Walking through the hallways, I past by lockers and approach my class - 3A. Taking a deep breath, I slowly turn the cold silver doorknob. I try my best, careful not to make a noise, I open the door slowly and quietly as possible. I peek in with one eye and see the teacher writing a bunch of nonsense on the board, with her back facing the class. Thank God. I walk in ignoring all my classmates glances, that was kinda awkward. But none of them seems to have the courage to point me out.

WAIT. Mrs. Sheely turns around facing the class. MISSION ABORT. MISSION ABORT. Teacher looking back! I immediately duck down and hide behind a desk that is occupied by a student. It turns out to be a he and whatever his name is pretends he saw nothing. Thank God for this kid. I take a glance to see if Mrs. Sheely saw me, but to me it looks like she doesn't even have a clue. How did she not see me? Oh I get it, I'm officially a ninja. I have those ninja skills.

I get up and take a seat beside, of course, my best friend Yassi. She looks at me cluelessly and whispers to me, "Why the hell are you late?"

"Story time is not a good time right now hun, tell you at lunch." I reply.

Yassi giggles at my wording and nods.

"After you tell your story I got something to tell you."

I give her a questioning look and she grins.

Not long after our short conversation, Mrs. Sheely turns around and somehow, for some reason, her eyes laid on me. Why me? Did she notice I just came in? I'm innocent, well not really but still!

She raises an eyebrow at me and says "Miss. Lustre, may you please come up to the board?"

Oh no.

a/n - omg I am so freakin' mad at myself right now because I accidentally deleted the original second chapter while I was writing the third chapter! so I had to rewrite this chapter and I tried to remember what I wrote. so that means some events may be different. i'm sorry if this isn't as great as the original but I tried. so yeah, sorry about that. please vote, add this to your reading list, share and add this book to your library so that you can get notified when I update. lol I just noticed today I put my original second chapter on private by accident. anyways this is a really long a/n so... that's all!

xx