Chapter 27: I Want Darien

Skylar's POV

—————

It hurt.

      I gasped trying to regain my lost breath as tears rolled down my cheeks. Instead of placing me on a bench Javier had tied my hands up holding the center of the knot by a hook connected to the ceiling, it was at the corner of the wall giving me the ability to rest my upper half against the wall as my ass stuck out with my legs spread.

He had stripped me naked, ripping most of my clothes to shreds.

      I had lost count of the number of hits he had given me. The first few were made by his hands then the rest were made by a whip with cut ends.

      My ass throbbed in pain, my shoulders did too. Being held up above my head made them extend further than what should be capable and for a longer period of time. I groaned out lowly rolling my eyes in annoyance as I heard Javier continue to argue behind me, his feet stomped against the floor, his hands tightening on the whip as he argued with himself.

      Of course I wasn't necessarily paying attention to what he was arguing about. My head hurt so much I could hardly concentrate on my own surroundings. All I knew was that he was still behind me and that-

-Darien still hadn't come for me.

      I heard a surprised groan come from behind me as I rested my head against the wall trying my best to stay awake. I heard a familiar voice willing me to look over my shoulder. I could make out Darien holding Javier against his chest without any movement of escaping, then there was an unfamiliar figure in front of both of them. He was punching Javier, letting out some of his own grunts as he knocked Javier unconscious.

      Then finally when his body became limp against Dariens did the unfamiliar figure drag Javier out of the room, courteous enough to not slam the door when he left.

I kept my eye on Darien, since he was the only one that stayed.

     "D-arien?" I struggled to get the word out. My breath caught at the back of my throat and it felt like I was sick with the common cold. His head snapped up looking my way and he got up quickly running towards me. He turned me over, crossing my arms above me in the process in order to lean down, letting his lips brush my hair for a second.

     "Hey Kitten," he said softly and I felt something silky come in contact with my eyes-a handkerchief wiping my tears away to make everything clearer. Dariens face was inches away from mine, his dark grey iron pool for eyes looking guilty as he undid the ropes that tied my hands above my head. I was about to ask him what was wrong but once Darien finished tugging the ropes off he grabbed my hands and turned me around putting one of his hands on my back and bringing me forward into his chest. My chest collided against his as I rested my chin on his shoulder, Dariens head went down into my shoulder as he breathed deeply wrapping both arms around my frame. My eyes widened as I stood there not knowing what to do, his grip tightened around me as if he were afraid to lose me and his once calm breaths were starting to come out shaky hitting my bare shoulder.

     "I'm sorry Skylar, I should've just stayed with you today. I'm sorry I didn't say any-" I cut him off by hitting his shoulder multiple times.

     "Can't breathe!!" I gasped out and he let go of me immediately taking a few steps back but I grabbed his torso pulling him back towards me. It looked like he was going to speak again so I placed my hand over his mouth smiling inwardly at his attempt to apologize.