Forgive Me

Rowena MacLeod

I glanced out of the corner of my eye at River. She still had this sad look on her face, and I desperately wanted to comfort her. But the last time I did that she pulled away, though I didn't blame her. I did pull away from her after our almost kiss. The little split second where her lips barely touched mine was emblazoned in my mind. Her lips had felt so soft. Plump and red. God, why did I pull away? I had just been so confused, and I needed to think. So, I pulled away from her. I hadn't meant it to seem as if I didn't want her, but I guess it had came off that way. Maybe if I explained it she would understand. River seemed to be a very sensible woman; of course she would understand. I started to open my mouth, but then I snapped it shut again. How was I going to go about this? Just randomly bring it up? I mean I could just kiss her, but that would be too big of a shock. I could make her come out of her shell and talk to me, then when she was finally comfortable I would lean in and kiss her. Yes, that's exactly what I needed to do! But how? "River...," I began nervously. "Just don't. I don't need to hear you say how that near kiss was a huge mistake and we must never do it again," she said harshly. "Is that what you really think," I asked softly. "Then, why did you pull away," she screamed, her eyes flooding with tears, though they didn't fall. "Because I was confused," my voice shook, "I didn't know what was happening, and my feelings were an absolute mess. I didn't mean to hurt you. I didn't mean to make you feel as if I didn't want you, because I do." I scooted closer to River and cautiously placed my hand over hers. She let me. She turned to look at me, her eyes shining and my breath caught in my throat. My god, was she gorgeous. "Do you, do you really," River asked me. "Without a doubt," I murmured, my face coming closer and closer to hers with each passing second. Then, my mouth crashed onto hers, and it felt amazing. I moaned into her mouth at the contact. It felt so amazing to finally be kissing her that I couldn't believe it was actually happening. River grabbed my hips with her strong hands and tugged me onto her lap. Her fingernails dug into my hips, but I loved it. I groaned in pleasure. Our lips fought for dominance, though River eventually won out. She swiped her tongue across my bottom lip begging for entrance, and I gladly let her. I ran my fingers through her curly hair and groaned. Her lips moved down to my neck, and I gasped grabbing a fistful of her hair. She moaned and bit my neck. I bit my lip in pleasure with a groan. "God, you're amazing," I moaned out. "I know dear. This is just one of my many talents," she said with a smirk before continuing to nibble on my neck. Suddenly, I made a quick move and turned her sideways on the little futon and forced her to lay on her back. I wanted to be in control. I straddled her hips and gave her a little smirk. I, then, gently kissed her lips before tracing small kisses along her jawline and down her neck. She moaned in pleasure. I bit down on her neck roughly and her eyes flew open with a gasp of delight and pain. "Well it seems you're quite kinky," River said in a low voice that drove me crazy. "It seems I am," I said in the exact same manner. I continued kissing her neck as her fingernails trailed up and down my back digging in every once in a while when I bit down on her neck. Eventually, I stopped and River's eyes flew open. "Why did you stop," she said a bit breathless. "Do you forgive me," I asked innocently, my eyes begging for her to say yes. "Of course I do," she smiled softly.