With A Storm Comes A Monster

River Song

        I ran, my heels clicking on the linoleum floor, as the alien chased me. Though, I had no clue what kind of alien it was, which was odd considering I knew of every alien in existence. Where was the Doctor during times like this? Just when I could use his help, he wasn't around. Unreliable bastard. I heard the alien, once again, screech behind me. It had led me here doing a quite good impersonation of the Doctor's voice, but once I had gotten here it had dropped the ruse and proceeded to chamge....forms. I had never heard of an alien who could do this, but the universe is a big place. The Doctor and I could have missed something in our travels. I continued running down the hall until I saw a beautiful red haired woman come around the corner with a bored look on her face. "Run, you idiot," I screamed. She just rolled her eyes at me and said, "I found it. Now take these chains off and I'll kill it." Her face spoke of utter boredom and her voice had a beautiful Scottish lilt like my mother's. I stopped next to her and saw two men reluctantly remove the chains, which I now noticed, from her wrists. She lifted her hand and flicked her wrist and muttered a simple word in Latin, "Iacta", which meant throw. Then all of a sudden, I heard a clattering behind me and saw daggers floating in midair before charging straight towards me. I ducked and looked just in time to see them stab the alien, which immediately went down. "What the bloody hell was that," I yelled. "Oh, she's British," said the older looking handsome man with a flirty smirk on his face. "Sorry, sweetie I'm married," I said. "That was a Crocotta," said the taller one. "What the hell kind of alien is that? I've never heard of it," I grumbled, "but what the hell is she. What did she just do?" "That wasn't an alien; aliens don't exist, however monsters do. She's a witch," he said pointing to her, before quickly slapping the cuffs back on her. "I'll have you know I've seen aliens. My husband is an alien. Monsters don't exist, it's usually aliens," I retorted. The shorter one just grumbled. "I'm a time traveler if that helps clear things up," I said. "I've time traveled before, but by way of angel. You got a angel around here," he asked. "The Weeping Angels?-oh never mind. No, I have a vortex manipulator," I explained. I typed in some coordinates on it to flash three seconds into the future. I felt my hair begin to frizz, and all of a sudden I was standing in the same place but feeling a bit sick, and the three around me looked stunned. "What the hell kind of magic is that," the red-head said. "Not magic, science. Also, you remind me a lot of my mother. She has red hair, and she's Scottish," I said for some insane reason. The vortex manipulator must have really messed with my head. "So, you're a time traveler from the future," the shorter guy asked me. "Well, technically. I mean my parents were from the year 2011, but I was born in a different time, and just a bunch of things that went wrong," I babbled. "Oh," they all said. "My name is River Song," I said, trying to clear up the awkwardness. "I'm Dean Winchester," said the shorter one, "and this is my brother Sam. The short red head just looked at him expectantly before saying, "And I am Rowena MacLeod, mother to the king of hell." She smiled a bit at that last part, though her voice dripped disdain at the mention of her son. "Well you look too young to even have a son," I said, laying on my charm. She giggled lightly while my eyes roamed over her, noticing that she was indeed quite gorgeous. Sam and Dean looked at us a little weirdly before Dean finally said, "She's a lot older than she looks." "Oh, it can't be that bad," I murmured. "She's like three hundred," he said. "Oh, that's nice dear. Only a hundred years older than me, but neither of us have anything on my husband," I said, to see their reaction. "You're two hundred," Sam asked, though it sounded more like a surprised statement. "Yes I am, sweetie," I laughed. "How is that even possible if you don't deal on magic," Rowena asked in that beautiful voice of hers. I then went about explaining how I was conceived, and the abilities of Time Lords. "So, you're a Time Lord," Dean asked. "Half Time Lord," I corrected, "my parents were human." Sam and Dean stepped away and began whispering furiously. "She's not human," I heard Dean yell, but that was the only bit of conversation I could make out. I turned to look to my side at Rowena, who was still in cuffs. "What's with the cuffs; they have you in prison," I asked, "That's where I'm supposed to be." "It's to stop me from using my magic," she said a bit angrily, ignoring my slight mention of my time in prison. I saw her glance at Sam and Dean questioningly before a dawning of understanding spread over her face. She had been just about to warn me when I felt the prick in my neck and icy, cold liquid flow through my veins. I tried to fight the sedative, but the darkness quickly overtook me. The last thing I said was, "You bastards." Then, I was lost to the world.