Chapter 1

I open my eyes and look around. I'm in some sort of metal room with some boxes in it. There's no doors that I can see, no way to get out.
For some reason I start think about airplanes. I have no idea why but then my name pops into my head. Amelia. My thoughts of planes disappear as I realize that I can't remember anything except for my name. I try to search around inside of my head, looking for any information other than Amelia but it's all I can find.
The room I'm in starts to shake and then it feels like it's going upwards. I start to try and scream but my throats too dry to let anything come out. The box stops so suddenly that I fall against the wall and hit my head. Everything's a little blurry for a while until a light shows up above me. I look up and see that the top of the room is gone and a bright light is pouring in from it. A shadow appears, then several shadows follow. One of the shadows jumps and lands inside of the metal room. The shadow is a tall boy with wide shoulders, blonde hair, and thick eyebrows. "Hey Greenie, welcome to the Glade. Get up the rope." "O...okay" I step into the loop at the bottom of the rope. It took a lot of effort for them to get me up. Great, I'm surrounded by a bunch of strangers who now know that I'm heavy. I then realized that I don't know what's happening or why I'm in this place, but I'm self conscious. It seemed weird. They eventually got me up and then they pulled the eyebrow guy up (with much less effort than when they pulled me up) and I took in my surroundings.
I was surrounded by what looked like 50 kids. Most of them were boys but I spotted 4 or 5 girls throughout the crowd. I looked past them into a field with a very unstable building and other small buildings surrounding it. There was a forest and what looked like a farm just on the outside of a dense forest. I was trying to see if I could find where the forest ended but then I noticed a huge grey slab behind it. It looked like a huge wall. I followed it to see how far it went and found a space in the middle of it. I then noticed that there were two corners leading to two different grey walls and those two other grey walls led to one last grey wall, all of them connected at corners. Each wall had a space missing from the middle. It was so strange.
And then everything hit me.