Chapter 26. Dominatrix?

Começar do início

Sean lost his battle to contain his laugh, the others soon following, some in what seemed to be relief at what they finally understood was just a joke I had made.

Maybe I should smile when I make a joke... it's been a few years since I've had this sort of difficulty, I thought, remembering another time I had tried to play with a younger Sang.

She sat at the head of the table, me to her right and Mr. Lee to her left. Sean was beside me, followed by Mr. Griffin and Mr. Korba. Besides Mr. Lee was Mr. Morgan, followed by the Mr. Luke and North Taylor, Mr. Coleman sat on the other end of the table once he recovered from his shock.

"Holy shit, Mr. B! You know how to silence a room!" he commented. I barely stopped myself from glaring at him for his language, the others all showing a form of agreement with his statement.

We eat, chatted and cleaned the table, but before everyone could disperse I choose to call in a family meeting.

"If everyone could give me a little of attention I believe it is a good time for us to sit and discuss a few things going on in our family."

The table silenced, all eyes focused on me. "For starts let's allow this meeting to happen as usual, Kota, do you have anything to report?" I could tell that calling him by his first name shocked everyone except for Sean and Sang who just looked pleased.

My brother recovered quickly from his shock and began his report. "No, nothing new to report..." he cleared his throat before continuing in an unsure tone of voice that was very unusual for him. "Owen."

I gave him a nod and a smile to show that it was okay to use my first name.

I turned my attention to the boy sitting beside him, Victor, and waited. "I have nothing of interest to report either." Victor said shrugging.

Luke had a mischievous look on his eyes but simply said that he had nothing to report as well. North hesitated a little while looking at Silas, but didn't report either. Gabriel just shook his head indicating he had nothing to say either and I turned to Silas.

The boy hesitated for a while, chewing his food thoughtfully. Finally, he swallowed and started.

"It's Theo."

I waited for him to continue but he didn't seem to know how to proceed with what he needed to say. His eyes showed his worry.

"Who is Theo, Superman?" asked Sang, looking confused.

Silas turned his attention to her and answered "Theo is my older brother, Aggele."

She frowned thoughtfully and looked around the table, taking notice of the expressions of worry in the faces of all the boys.

Turning back to Silas to fixed him with a firm look and asked directly "What is it about your brother that is so worrisome?"

The boy looked relieved she had asked him that. "I believe he is dangerous, and that he might be up to no good." Was all Silas said before stuffing his mouth with food again.

Those of us who knew Theo's involvement with his mother's death understood the danger the boy represented, but Sang was still clueless.

Turning my attention to Silas I tried to catch his eyes over Sean's and Nathan's heads. He saw my look and understood my request.

Turning back to Sang he started to tell her his history, about how live on Greece was, and how it ended.

Silas wasn't the sort to talk a lot, but for Sang the boy made an effort.

She looked horrified and worried that the Korba's oldest sibling was on the loose. Turning to me she said, "We need to do something, Owen."

I agreed wholeheartedly, no one would hurt their family. I wouldn't allow it.