Cato's Plan

Clove's POV

I was still in my deep thoughts about how I'm going to kill the girl on fire. She's like the VIP of the game and I'll make sure her death will be remembered. A dreadful way would do and I can't wait for that to happen.

Suddenly I felt someone tap my shoulder.

"What are you doing? You're in a game of death and is easily distracted by your own thoughts. What if someone took that opportunity to kill you?" Cato said lowly but I can see anger in his face. He seemed angry at me a bit, about how I'm easily distracted by my thoughts.

"It won't happen again." I told him.

"I just want you safe. I have a plan. As much as possible I want you by my side all the time, whenever we're hunting for food or killing." he said with authority.

Dead air.

Did I heard that correctly? He can't do that to me. I already have plans on my own. I should've not agreed to this stupid plan. I should've not listen to Enobaria. I'm trying my best not to burst in anger.

"But we should ask Marvel and Glimmer if they concur with the plan you're thinking. They're our allies."

"Not a problem."

I hate you Cato!

--

After a short killing spree. We careers decided to look for our temporary shelter.

"Um. So guys. I've been thinking about this plan." Cato cleared his throat.

"What is it?" Marvel and Glimmer asked in unison. Both were curious.

"Well, you know, just to make things more easier. I was thinking about dividing us into two groups so it would be two pairs."

"Who's your pair then?" asked Glimmer. I know she's hoping he would pick her.

"Clove." said Cato.

I almost laughed seeing Glimmer's reaction of disappointment. Cato sounded ridiculous. He's like stating the obvious that 'of course we're pair cos we came from the same district. She's my district partner. Okay? Yay!'. So ridiculous.

"It would make things more easier as we both know our district partners. But we're still allies so don't worry." Cato laughed lightly to change the atmosphere.

"Works for me." Marvel laughed as well.

And Glimmer annoyingly joined their laughter fest.

I just smiled.

Fake it til you make it they said. But I can't blend with these people.

I hope Glimmer would protest something or disagree with Cato.

I hate you so much Cato!

We continued looking for shelter when we heard rustling of leaves. But they just ignored it.

Then I heard footsteps approaching our direction.

"Did you hear that?" I asked them as I readied my knife.

At this time we all heard it. No one moved as everyone readied their weapon.

What the hell are we doing? Why are we just waiting for it to attack us? Why not make a move already?

Slowly, I took a step.

But Cato signaled me to stop.

And I stopped. I shouldn't let this guy control me but because of the star-crossed lover plan, he's able to manipulate my move.

Complete silence. The footsteps were never heard anymore.

"I think it's gone." said Marvel lowly.

"I think so." Cato agreed and he signaled us to continue our tracks.

See? He's like manipulating all of us. We're like his dummies and I hate it.

I was about to say something when someone appeared before us.