“No, I do not plan on staying at home. I will take you back, see everyone and then come back here, to the palace. This is where I belong now. I hope you can understand that.”

“You would choose that… that… THING?” Faith shakes her head.

“You do not understand! He is not a beast! He is kind and gentle.” Martin looked at her as if she was insane. A knock interrupted him from replying.

“Come in!” Faith called out to whoever it was. ‘Lewis’ walked in with a smile shining out from the depths of his eyes.

“Madam Lenora has said he will not be able to travel the forest for a few days. What do you wish to do?” Oh ‘Lewis’, always straight to the point.

“I will wait for Martin to be healed and he can take me back.” Faith stood up and approached ‘Lewis’, not at all oblivious to Martin’s stare. Nor did she miss the glare ‘Lewis’ sent over her shoulder. “Can you not at least try to get along with him?” She whispered once she was close enough so Martin would not overhear. He let out a small chuckle.

“As you wish.” He addressed Martin. “The servants will attend to your every need until you are well. Any family of our Faith’s is more then welcome here.” He wrapped an arm around her when he finished. Martin’s eyes were drawn toward the furry arm wrapped around her waist.

“I do not need anything from you. Now, take your… limb from around my sister-in-law,” Martin said with a clipped voice. Faith sighed. ‘Lewis’ let out a growl and took a step in the direction of the bed. Faith grasped ‘Lewis’ by the arm and gave him a glare. With one last snarl, he left the room.

“Was that necessary!?!” Faith grumbled, folding her arms over her chest. She knew she must look a tad childish but she honestly could not believe him! “You are content to condemn him with out giving him a chance! Why? Because of old legends and child tales? He is trying while you are being offensive and bad-mannered.”

“Are you certain that he deserves your defense?” Martin replied.

“Yes.”

Adam left the room. He knew it was not right for him to lose his temper toward her family but that man infuriated him! How dare he judge me?!? But Adam knew it was true, he did not deserve Faith. She was too good, too loving for him. Adam saw how Martin looked upon him, like the creature he is. That is how he will always be looked upon. Faith deserved more.

“Milord? Is all well?” Gus approached him, looking at him cautiously. Gus knew his master’s temper and he was in bad humor at the moment…

“Yes. Everything is fine.” Adam dismissed Gus with a short wave.

He stormed down the hall into the study. There was once a time when he despised this room for all he was worth. It was nothing but a memory of a cold and distant father that cared nothing for him and only for his ‘country’. The Femme Fatale punished him for his neglect but what of his father’s neglect of him?

However, Faith had brought happiness and love to this room again. Being here, they were in their own little world of magic. What will happen when she goes home and discovers her life again?

Looking out the window, Adam noticed the falling sun. He could feel himself shifting, bones shortening and the fur disappearing. Soon he was in his old skin again. How he longed to be able hold her in this form, in human arms. But it would never be possible. The wench assured that.  

“Lewis?” As quickly as he had turned human, he was a beast once more. His handsome human face hidden from the eyes of all.  He turned to look at the source of the chiming sound. “I am sorry. Martin can be a bit over protective of people he cares about.” Adam let out a low rumble.

“That was not him being over protective. That was him being scared the big bad beast is going to eat his beloved sister-in-law.” Although he tried, Adam could not keep the bitterness from surfacing.

“No! Lewis, it is a lot to take in. You must understand that. To learn that I have been living in a castle filled with magical beings… It is a bit of a shock. Please, do not judge him too harshly. He needs to get to know you is all,” she rushed to mend the situation. Adam knew she was right but he could not help feeling the shame of what he was, a Beast.

Soft arms wrapped around him as best they could. He towered over her petit frame and was double her size. However small she maybe though, her embrace brought a comfort and clam that he had never experienced before.

“Lenora is brewing some herbs and such to increase Martin’s healing. He should be up and about again soon. By the morning following next, we will head out to the village. I will stay for three days and come in search for you the morn of the fourth day.” Faith planned it all out. He could tell she was eager but whether it was to see her family again or to be gone and come back to him he was not sure…

“Melanie, it is so nice to see you! How are you holding up?” Melanie looked up to see Charity’s father coming over. He was a kind man and had been every bit attentive to Charity and herself since the dilemma with Martin. There had still been no sign of either missing person. However the efforts to find them have only been renewed. Melanie held out hope. She would know if her beloved brother were dead. She would feel it in her heart. He was the only one that ever had faith in her and protected her against everything. He had never even met Caleb. Oh how they would have gotten along!

“I am well, thank you sir. Will you not take a seat? Caleb went out for a bit and I would love some company.” The pub was filled with the bustling of the dinner crowd but Melanie sat alone.

“I think I just might.” The man sat down beside her and a waitress scurried up.

“What will you be having sir?” She chirped. It had not taken long to learn that while she had been away Charity’s family had earned a respectable reputation here. Charity and Patience had always seemed so shallow and materialistic but they have grown up, at least Charity has. Poor Patience has fallen into Victor’s trap. Melanie knew that if something did not happen and soon, Patience would end up much like she had, used and thrown away.  When Melanie had realized this she had made it her goal to take her under her wing.

Victor had not been too much trouble since the scene with Caleb when they had first arrived but Melanie knew better then to hope that he would back down. His pride has been tarnished and Patience had been kept away from him. He was just biding his time.

Since arriving home, I have had more drama in my life then I ever remember having, even initially after the episode with Victor…

YAY!!! Ok please please please comment and vote! It honestly means so much to me!!! I am having tons of fun writing this and I would love to know if you are enjoyig reading it! :P thatk you all again!!!