"Hey!" He cried out on surprise. "What the heck are you doing, Cheetia?"

Cheetia didn't answer him, but she let out a growl. That was enough to shut Cole up. She dragged him behind the building and slammed him hard against the wall.

"Okay," she said in a hard tone, "I'm only gonna say this once, and if you don't answer me or if you lie to me I promise you that there will be severe consequences."

I gulped and nodded frantically. I wasn't an idiot. I knew what this is about. "Cheetia, I promise you I didn't do anything to Snow."

Her arm, which was pressed against my chest, keeping me against the wall, pressed down harder at my statement. "Aha! I didn't even say anything and you automatically knew! What did you do to her? Huh? Where is she?!"

"I don't know!" Cole yelled, hating how much he heard the fear in his voice. He was thankful none of his guy "friends" were there to watch. They would never let him live it down. "I already spoke with her parents! You can ask them yourself. I have no idea where Snow is at!"

Cheetia looks at him with a skeptical stare. She was looking into his eyes, and Cole was certain he saw fire in them. Finally, he feels her relax, and she removed her arm from his chest, taking a step back to give them some space.

"You're telling the truth," she quietly says, looking at her feet, and sighing in disappointment.

"And...you're disappointed?" Cole asked, rubbing his chest and fixing his crinkled shirt.

Cheetia's shoulder slumps and she avoids his gaze. He's never seen her so down and broken before. Usually she's loud and bright, but now...

"No...." She says, after a moment,"...yes....eh it's 50/50. I'm disappointed because I want answers, and yet I'm glad you had nothing to do with it."

Cole's ears go flat against his head, and this time it was him who avoided her gaze. "Not...exactly."

Cheetia snaps her head up to look at him. "What do you mean?" Her voice was hard again, and Cole felt himself begin to sweat.

Even if he didn't take part of Snow's kidnapping, it was still his fault she was out so late at night to begin with. Cheetia was still bound to beat him up one way or another. It was gonna happen and he prepared himself for it.

"Okay," Cole said nervously, "looks like I'm going to have to say this again."

He explained his part of the story, and sure enough when he was finished Cheetia punched his shoulder twice with the strength of a rhino.

"You fucking idiot! You should have told her no!" Cheetia yelled.

"Ssh!" Cole looked around to be sure no animal was listening. "Keep it down!"

Cheetia looked at him in shock. She points a claw at him and said, "Did you just..." She lets out a disbelieved scoff. "Did you fucking shush me?!"

At that moment, Cole realized his mistake and goes wide eyed. He was sure that just like Snow, he's going to be put down as a missing animal.

"Oh hell no!" Cheetia shouted. "You did not just do that!"

Cole began to back up, extending his paws out in front of him to defend himself. As if that would save him from a very strong, athletic cheetah.

"Cheetia, I--"

"No! How dare you shush me! How dare you not once ever notice Snow or her feelings for you! How dare you push her in the lake and break her heart! How dare you meet up with her at 3 in the fucking morning! How dare you be the reason my best friend is gone! How. Dare. You!"